Yup that is currently me. I bet I got less sleep last night than my sisters with new born babies. That isn't right! I am so tired right now I am cooky.
Night before last I was able to sleep but my husband was not and so his tossing and turning and getting up etc...kept me awake over and over and over. It was so hot he couldn't sleep and then he kept waking me up and then I was hot and it took a while to go back to sleep and then he woke me up again. At 6am the birds and the children and the sun all got up and I got up with them. There is a specific kind of bird that is horrible to wake up to. There are many pleasant ones too, but this one is so aweful I wanted to kill it. It makes the most horribly irritating sound. Louder and worse than a smoke alarm that needs the batteries changed and beeps at you all night. At 6 am my daughter from the other room heard the bird and began to mimic it saying "MOM! Did you hear dat bird? It's says Ahhwek! Ahhwek!...." we'll you get the picture.
So let me ask you this..what is more irritating than a bird waking your whole family up at 6am after you have hardly slept all night?? You guessed it...having that bird have an echo in the next room. Everytime the bird would make that sound there was an Ethne echo from the next room.
Garrett added this to his brain book "the quotable Ashley"-"oh my gosh there is nothing worse than the bird you want to kill having an echo".
Then last night I woke up at 2 or 2:30 and never went back to sleep :( when that same horrible bird woke up the rest of the family at 5:45-6 ish I told G I was not getting up yet and would he please keep the kids quiet (ha- pipe dream!). Anyway I did get a little bit of sleep from 6:30-8:00 and at least I was laying in bed even when I wasn't sleeping until that point.
So then today I want to take a nap and I decide to hang all the stuff that has to be done and lay down. The man next door mows the lawn, Ezra plays a super irritating bar of music with the nose flute over and over and over. And it was particularly painful when he would lean out his open window and the sound came right in my open widow next to his :) pure joy I tell ya! Then every once in a while Enoch's feet of lead would tramp down the hallway (all of the floors are wood and it is particularly loud as we do not have any furniture in here right now to tone down the noise)pretending he is going to the bathroom, but really scoping out whether or not mom is asleep and he can make contact with Ezra.
Grrrrrrr........... This momma was grumpy :(
But it's ok because despite the obsticles I fell asleep for a half hour and that will alow me to be just a tad nicer than I would have been :)I hope!
Davis rocks
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment