Monday, June 20, 2011

"I Hope You Don't Die In Your Bed..."

Last night we were eating dinner and I bit a nerve in the back left side of my tongue. Don't ask me how I didn't even think that was possible. Anyway, it sent shooting pains up into my head and to my ear and down my neck. It hurt so badly that I told them I would have to go lie down a minute because I was in so much pain.
Ezra said "mom, I hope you don't die in your bed and get blood on the sheets". To which Enoch replied "Yeah, cause then dad won't be able to sleep".

Aren't they so sweet?

The second half of the story happened this morning at breakfast. I said to them "aren't you glad I didn't die in my bed last night?
Enoch said "yes and I know why you didn't."
me: you do? why?
Enoch: "because I prayed that you wouldn't"
Ezra: "yeah and I prayed too"
Me: "oh well thank you that was nice. what did you pray for?
Enoch: "I prayed that you wouldn't die from biting your tongue"
Ezra: "I prayed that you wouldn't die and get blood on your sheets"

I guess they do care :)

1 comment:

Dawn Cooper said...

That is hysterical! I so miss you guys. :(