Just like the Von Trapp family sings, the Fry family travels. To some it seems exciting, adventurous, and romantic and to others it seems Crazy and psychotic.
The truth is, it's all of the above. Really! It just depends on the day.
Saturday we left home and traveled to the airport where we were super blessed and everything went very smoothly. The sky cap guy took my bag and my money and went inside and checked us in so that I wouldn't have to wait in line and do it myself. It took all of five minutes. THANK YOU SKY CAP MAN. YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Next we went through security mid day in terminal two which was practically dead. I had a nice guy offer to help me and I actually let him (after promising myself that morning that I would let well meaning people serve ME today). Thank you well meaning man who had the brawn to lift the stroller off the conveyor belt, but not the brains to unfold it. Don't worry it took me five minutes the first time I did it :) Next we had the breast milk put into a machine to test it because you never know when something that looks like breast-milk, smells like breast-milk and tastes like breast-milk could turn out to be something more dangerous and sinister-like-FORMULA. AHHHH!
When the Delta employees came to our gate I went up and told the lady that I was traveling with an infant and a 5 year old by myself and that I only had a 30 min. layover in Detroit, and that I was very nervous about not making that connection. I asked if she could look up the gate I was flying into and the gate I was flying out of so I had an idea how far apart they were. I also told her I was sitting in the back of the plane and would have to get off last and asked if there was any way she could move me forward. She was almost non-responsive and not very friendly, I thought about checking for a pulse, but her little fingers went a tap tapping on those keys and she came through in the end. She didn't tell me what she was doing she just did it, and 8 minutes later she handed me new boarding passes for this flight and the boarding passes for my next flight to save me the time of stopping to get them in Detroit. She moved me from row 25 to row 12 which just happened to be the upgraded seats right behind first class. They give you SNACKS, and you have OH SO MUCH leg room. It was AWESOME. LONG LIVE THE RICH AND POWERFUL WHO ALWAYS GET THOSE SEATS. Your world is large and exciting, and made the next 4 hours a lot more comfortable with a baby on my lap. OK, switching gears here. On a more serious note the next 6.5-7 hours were rough, but I completely felt the Holy Spirit lifting me up. He gave me comfort and peace during hard times, and helped me to handle everything that came. I am so thankful for the help and understanding of a Great God who hears and answers prayers.
OK, back to the light-hearted. Can I just say that changing diapers on a hard flat surface that folds down over a toilet on a plane is NOT my idea of fun. Beckett wasn't really happy about it either. I do however list it among my accomplishments, because, it is really quite a talent I have developed along with changing poopy diapers on my lap during landing :) The stewardess said I made her LIFE by letting her hold Beckett while I went to the little girls room. I wonder if that was before or after he spit up all over her?
When we got into Montreal I made the LIFE of another woman while I unpacked the stroller and car seat and put everything together. Her husband also thanked me for making his wife's day. Go Beckett for being so sweet and making peoples "LIFE" and not just their day. I was the VERY LAST person in line for Immigration. this man says to me "Do you realize you are the VERY LAST person?" We both laughed. It was 10:45pm by the time we made it through immigration, and baggage, and customs. The elevator was broken and we had a security guard take us through the private channels to the baggage area. Garrett picked us up and said we had 15 minutes to find a grocery store because they all closed at 11pm. Well since the GPS couldn't tell the difference between a grocery store and a laundry mat we missed the deadline. The only place we could find to get food after that was, of all things, a McDonald's. YUCK! We survived. made it home and finally got to crash at 2am. Goodnight world.
Davis rocks
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment