Oh boy did we see whales- These next 6 shots were replayed over and over and over as we slowly went along on the boat watching the whales. We saw lots of backs and tails and blows but never a nose and never did any of the whales come all the way out of the water. Such a bummer.
Don't get me wrong we really enjoyed seeing whales but frankly the dolphins were a LOT more fun. They played and were fast and had such a great time. They jumped out of the water and we saw their faces.
There really is something incredibly magic about seeing Gods magnificent creatures out in their natural habitat though. Whales are SO LARGE and so majestic I love seeing them. I was just a little bit disappointed that we didn't see the whole whale.
We saw at least 4 different whales this time and possibly 5 but I can't remember for sure.
And this girl
And being out on the water and seeing beautiful things
Love this lighthouse. Every time we go by it in the harbour it makes me smile, but when we walked out to it one day it wasn't quite as impressive. Kinda ugly actually :) I will prefer to think of it from a distance.
These guys were pretty picturesque made us laugh. The lady in the red parka is a environmental specialist where whales are concerned. I was wishing I could hear all she had to say.
In the harbour one jacket was sufficient
once we got out to sea I needed two. It was windy and cold.
There's a different view. This is a different whale and it popped up right by our boat. That was fun.
Overall a very fun trip and we would definitely recommend it if you are in the area during the season. June-Oct. but going mid season is much better than going at the very beginning.





No comments:
Post a Comment