These views are from Manly Beach. It is a beautiful place just like all the beaches around Sydney.
Some views from the ferry as we came in to Manly.
It is way to pretty around here.
Ocean World Manly-we didn't go here, but it looks ok.
The beach ended up being SUPER crowded. We couldn't believe how many people were there.
We figured out it was the Australian Open Surf and Skate competition that weekend. I was completely disappointed that the surfing was over :( only the skateboard competition was going on. .
This year: "February 16, 2012 – A century after the first surf board hit the waves on Australian shores at Manly and Freshwater beaches in Sydney, this historic site will be enshrined as Australia’s first World Surfing Reserve (WSR)."
"Kelly Slater, WSR Ambassador and 11-time world surfing champion from the USA, will officially declare the WSR honour at a civic ceremony on Saturday, March 10, 2012 at Manly Beach. It will be the first time Slater has undertaken such a duty outside competition, as he has stated that ‘Australia has the world’s best beaches’ and rates many waves among his ‘favourites’. The Sydney event will also mark the Centenary of surfing in Australia. Governor Marie Bashir will also attend the ceremony."
http://www.worldsurfingreserves.org/manly-freshwater-beach-be-dedicated
There are 4 beaches that were a part of this I believe. From Shelly Beach to Freshwater Beach with Fairy Bower and Manly Beach in between. It is an amazingly beautiful beach and a very touristy area all around just like Bondi. That is one thing I love about Coogee. It is beautiful but doesn't feel quite as touristy without all the shopping and restaurants around.


beautiful cliffs
I love to see all the boats out on the water. Especially the sailboats, but the more time I spend on the water the more I am glad I am usually on a bigger boat. A sailboat sounds so romantic to me, but a really large yacht sounds a lot less scary. Some of those waves are seriously bigger than the really large boats. Sheesh! Ever since the small boat with large open ocean waves in the Bahamas I have tweaked my romantic views of a sailboat in the open ocean. Harbours are nice :)
This was the best picture I got of a surfer. It was surprisingly hard to get a good surf picture.
My gang outside of the Skate competition. Whoops where did Ethne Girl go?
Ah, there she is. Sweet thing.












2 comments:
WOw I wish I could have gone! Pretty awesome!
beautiful! I have to say I love that last picture of Enoch. He totally looks like a gap kids model or something!
Post a Comment