Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's...

SUPER ETHNE!!!!!

One Sat. while I was out G was cleaning and Ethne was flying around the house with her Superman cape, her snow hat and her goggles. Daddy thought she was SO cute he got out the camera.
Brothers wanted in the pictures too because they think it's fun to be in other peoples
Oh and I forgot to mention she was also wearing her mittens.
This beautiful superman cape was made for Garrett when he was about Ethne's age by a friend of the family-Judy Grow(I previously stated it was made by G's grandma because that is what he has always told me. He was as surprised as I to learn that it isn't true :) It still looks as good as new. The fabric looks like it is brand new without any fading. It has been worn by all three of my kids and by Garrett and probably Garrett's younger brother. It's amazing to me that it still looks so good. Every time I wash it I worry it will fade a little and I am always pleasantly surprised that it doesn't.
Here they are, Ezra in the batman cape Garrett sewed when he was a little boy and Ethne in the Superman cape. Enoch just being Enoch.
Ethne wore the superman cape to violin lessons one week and the teacher and another mum asked where I got it and if I made it. When I told them it was about 29-30 years old they were SHOCKED. They said it looked brand new. I can't really believe it is that old either. They just don't make them like they used to. :) Thanks Judy Grow. One day they will all meet you and tell you how much they loved your gift of time and love. :)



1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Those are hillarious. Ethne is so funny. I think the goggles are the best. I need to get you a picture of Brigham in his gold sparkle goggles. SO funny.