These is(are) my boys! Love these boys. Love their enthusiasm for something once it finally catches on.
When we first started swim lessons it was quite painful. They were so scared and cried and didn't want to do what Bob asked them to do, but they have come a long long way from there thanks to Bob. He is the very best swim instructor. He is patient and fun. He lets my boys be crazy and jump on his back and splash and mess around when it isn't their turn to work with him.There are 3 kids in each class. Their class is made up of Enoch, Ezra and our friend Forest. All three kids have excelled under Bob. Ezra a little too much :) He is now quite a handful and as much as I tell him to calm down and not be so crazy he is a tough cookie.
He has been a little too much of a handful more than once. He has written 2 apology notes and we have brought Bob two batches of cookies this term. I am doing the best I know how to keep Ezra from being crushed and suppressed without allowing him to take over the world :) It's such a fine line-especially with Ezra.
He is such a tender little soul and never does things in 1/2's which means it's either overdone or underdone. One day I hope to say he has learned to temper himself and is still as happy and tender a soul as he is now. For now it is one day at a time. I just love and adore his happy spirit. From the time he was born he has been a light in our life making it just a little bit brighter.
This was the lesson dad made it too which was so fun. He doesn't usually get to see the kids do their thing. He misses all violin lessons and all swim lessons(besides this one), play groups etc... We were glad he could see them in their day to day environment outside the home.
Floating on their back. Enoch has mastered this and can even swim on his back now. He does a great job.
Ezra isn't quite as comfortable with the back floating at this point.(Well he wasn't when these pictures were taken 2 terms ago. He is now)
I like this photo of Enoch. Such a cute boy. He is wearing his para-cord bracelet from Uncle Neil.
Once Enoch warmed up to the idea of swimming in a different way he really took off. He is doing an awesome job now and he is the kind of kid who just works hard. If he wants something he is determined to master it. I love that he just gets in and tries as hard as he can. He can be very naughty at times and push your buttons but he knows how to work and his thirst for knowledge and progression in unquenchable. It is one of my favorite things about this great boy. I love him.

3 comments:
Awe, glad there are Bobs in the world!
Aww Bob he is such a great teacher! We are really going to miss him next term.
Also, it is awesome how well your boys swim now!
I love it when they finally start to take off on something they've worked so hard out. That's one of the best things as a mom!! I think my neighbors must think I'm crazy when I cheered as loud as I could when Elizabeth finally started swimming for real on her own :)
Post a Comment