We had to get up bright and early to catch the train that would take us all the long way to the Blue Mountains I believe it was almost a 3 hour train ride there and back that day.
Inside the station. From this view the trains and tracks are behind you. and if you go out of those doors ahead you will end up where we are standing in the picture above.
Handsome man-I sure love this guy. He is such a great husband and father and he still makes my heart skip a beat when I hear his voice in the other room ;) I don't usually see much of him at church since I am hovering around or in the primary room the entire time and he is usually hovering around the clerks office or in a classroom. But on one particular Sunday he was in the chapel giving the announcements for the HPG in a combine meeting. I walked out of the primary room on an errand and when I heard his voice over the speakers I couldn't stop the silly grin spreading over my face. I peaked into the chapel to see him while on my way over to the nursery. Such a cute guy :)
He may have a few wrinkles around the eyes but he sure is handsome when he smiles and he makes me laugh quite a lot. Everything's better with dad around. Can't wait to hang out with him between jobs.
These are the Blue mountains. The day we went it was foggy and rainy. We were all soaked and slightly miserable physically, but happy to be together and to see the beautiful outdoors. This view was from the cable car that carries you over the ravine/canyon-whatever you want to call it.
It did make it harder to get good pictures though so you will have to use your imaginations.
Those three peaks up on the right hand side are the 3 sisters. An icon in the blue mountains. They have a whole story about the three sisters that was believed by the aboriginal people.
Camilla was here for this trip and we had a great time together. She and I had made several homemade pizzas and banana cake etc... for the trip to keep all these boys full for a whole day of hiking.
My dear husband insisted I wear his hat to keep my head dry. He was quite the gentleman and ended up with his own soaked because I didn't bring a hat :( Sorry honey but it was sure nice of you to give up yours for me.
A close up of the 3 Sisters.
As you can see from Camilla cracking up we had some great times taking turns doing this :)
Happy hikers :) We were very wet but still happy. Poor Enoch and Ezra though. They didn't have jackets that were water proof. They only had hats and sweaters. They were such troopers most of the time. They did want to go home fairly early on but we were able to hold them off till the end of the day.
Beautiful views.
This was really high up. You can look down and all that green is the tops of the trees down there. It's all rain forest. Not tropical rain forest like in Cains but rain forest none the less.
Camilla was the best Aunt ever-she told Ezra stories almost the entire way there and back and Ezra was such an easy kid because of it. He never got board which is when he is at his most dangerous. Thank you Camilla for all the stories you told and for all your help with the kids.


















No comments:
Post a Comment