Saturday, November 17, 2012

Summer Violin Concert

Practicing for the concert later in the day. These guys have worked really hard and I am SO proud of them.
Enoch Played Andantino almost at the end of Suzuki book one. When he started with Tori in March of this year he was only barely past the twinkles. Now he is 5 pieces away from the end of the book. He is getting better all the time. He has grown so tall he went from a large 1/8 size violin up to a 1/2 size. I am so proud of him and all his hard work and effort.
Enoch and Ezra worked really hard for the South Harbour Sydney Ward Primary Program as well this year. They played a duet of "Stand For The Right" and their teacher was so pleased with it that she decided they should also play if for the Summer Violin Concert this year. She is a professional violinist and had only heard the song a few times when they boys played it for her, but she was able to play the melody & harmony with them without any music. Now that is amazing to me. I was blown away when she just played it out of no where. WOW!!
Ezra just started violin this year for the very first time in March and he has come so far. We went from "I HATE violin and I am going to QUIT" every single week to  more than 1/2 way through Book 1 earning over 60 concert points, playing his violin in public everywhere we go and playing in front of 170-200 people in church in only 8 months. I still spend a LOT of time coaxing, teaching, scolding, and bribing but nothing like I did in the beginning. Ezra is a bright boy with a bright future. He is definitely going places and I couldn't be happier with him.
Earning their medals-final concert points still to come. They needed to earn 30 for a medal and they earned over 60.
At the end of the concert they play group pieces. Tori let Ethne join in with her pink violin. Ethne was SO excited she could hardly stand it.




The payoff ;) Enjoying a cupcake brought by one of the parents.
Great Job boys we are all proud of you!!!

No comments: