Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Montreal Day 9 Second Sunday

Yesterday at the Botanic Gardens I got a text form a name I had never heard asking if I would teach primary the next day. The person apologized for the late notice and said they had been actively trying to get someone else all week. I said yes of course. Then I told husband that since there was no guarantee that Beckett wouldn't need to be nursed during said class that it would probably be best if he came with me. Then on second thought I am really out of practice teaching primary and he's really good at it and fresh since it's been his calling for almost two years now and maybe HE should teach the class and I should be there for moral support with Beckett :)
See what I did there? It worked.

Next day we wake up and G is in a grumpy mood. On the way to church I find out that it's because he is fasting. He is always super grumpy when fasting. He also ran two stop signs and a red light. SCARY!! I'm now positive he shouldn't be driving when fasting. Later we are sitting in opening exercises and a guy from the ward asks me about teaching I tell him who asked me to teach and he says-"Oh, hmmm, I don't know who that is. Who?". Because let's face it in a ward this size everyone knows everyone. I look at the text again and show him the name. He shakes his head no. I look at the number and it's a...oooooops...it's from our "other" ward. Well this primary was supper stoked to have someone show up, and with a lesson no less, so we taught anyway but somewhere in a country not so far away, there was a primary class without a teacher...crickets...

Good news was that G laughed so hard his mood improved for the rest of the day.

After church there was a potluck and the kids tried new foods and made new friends. Some they liked some they didn't(food that is). G was fasting and I have a thing about eating at things like this so we just visited.

No comments: