Thursday, June 25, 2015

Montreal Day 3 Part 2 COSTCO

Ok Now that you have read our last shopping experience you are prepared to hear about Costco. As I said in Part 1 of this day we decided to go to Costco after a long and rather rough day. We were pretty much spent but it needed to be done and Costco always cheers me up :)
When we got there it was about 6:30-6:45 and everyone was starving so we decided to just eat there. G went to get food and I went shopping. I found some fun things we don't have at our normal Costco in the states. I was enjoying myself immensely, but also trying not to spend/buy too much since our flat is very tiny. After everyone was fed G took the kids to go check out cell phone plans and I continued shopping for food. I thought he might be done fast so I rushed through the rest of Costco and came to meet him. He wasn't done. By this point Beckett was very hungry and crying and G realized that he needed some things from the car to get phones. I went out to the car to get his stuff and by the time I got back Beckett was a mess. I took all the kids to the car and nursed him with the expectation that G would finish up and meet us out there. Well Beckett ate and fell asleep and we waited but he never came so we unloaded the stroller and car seat and went in search of G. He was STILL at the phone place. Oh man. Beckett woke back up so I took baby in stroller, other 3 kids and all groceries to check out. They don't take our Costco AMEX card here at the Montreal Costco, so I went to the ATM. It wouldn't let me take money out. It said I had exceeded the withdrawal amount for the day when I actually hadn't used that card in months. GREAT. I went to tell G and he tried his card but same thing. NO MONEY. So once again we had a cart full of food, part of which was quickly melting, and no way to pay for it without calling the bank. I was ready to abandon ship and take everyone home to bed. Costco was shutting off their lights and ready to close. I paid for the phone cards with the cash I had on hand while G called the bank AGAIN. He's such a trouper. He said he wasn't about to abandon ship after all the effort it took to get this far. (Love that man) They said it was because we were trying to take out more than the daily limit. WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU FREAKING SAY SO. Seriously. And honestly what ATM card has a daily withdrawal limit of $300(you can tell how often I've used my debit card). They fixed that and made it much higher so "in future it shouldn't be a problem". Yeah, Thanks Wells Fargo I'll believe it when I see it. This move has made me realize that it might just be time to change banks. In the end though, as usual, we triumphed over hard things. GO TEAM FRY!!!!

No comments: