Monday, June 29, 2015

Montreal Day 6

Well today was another low key day like Tuesday. The kids were tired and VERY grumpy. We were going to go out and explore several times during the day, after summer school, but oh my goodness the whining, the crying over EVERYTHING by E3, and the fighting between E1 and E2 was enough to make me pull out my hair. I finally said-NAP TIME!!! No one wanted a nap, but all needed a nap. E1 and E2 both slept and woke up happier, but E3 just wanted to look at herself in the little round mirrors above her bed. Little princess was more like a dragon the rest of the day as a result. Poor thing. That really isn't a fair assessment. She wasn't mean or yucky like a dragon she was more like a little lost puppy who couldn't find it's way home. She cried or almost cried over everything. When G got home we ate dinner and cleaned up. Then we reluctantly drove all the way back to Walmart again and got there an hour before it closed. We purchased almost all the things on our list and then each child picked out a new toy. One to play with when it's too rainy to go outdoors. Something we really regret was not bringing more toys. We only brought Legos and that just seems to not be enough. Which is strange considering that's pretty much the only toy the kids play with at home anyway. And ironically the toys that the boys picked out WERE LEGOS. They just needed a new set to get them interested again. I also got them a board game to play and Ethne got magic sand. I probably wouldn't have let the boys pick Legos except that most of the lights were turned off in the store and the employees were chasing us out by the time we finished with the necessities on the list. We sneaked from the produce to the toys through the clothing unscathed but a mean employee caught us in the toy section and told us they were closing and we better get to the registers pronto. SO, I said yes to the first toy they fell in love with :)  I hope I don't live to regret that decision.

This was something I thought was really weird. They didn't have gallon size milk-only refills. Where are the gallons that you refill with these? Why would you want to do that? The risk or not getting them clean enough or spilling it from plastic bag to container are just too great. We just buy half gallon cartons now I guess. The ones you see next to those bags of milk are 1/2 gallons. Maybe you buy the bag of milk to refill those??
My awesome find was these good looking babies right here. Our floors are all very hard and my feet end up really hurting from walking on them so I needed some house shoes. This was what they had :) I look SO GOOD. Stop laughing Amber I know you want them. 

No comments: