So every night at our house, hours after the kids have gone to bed and before Garrett and I have gone to bed, we have a ritual of taking Ezra to the bathroom. This is to help insure that he will not wet the bed in the middle of the night as he is a deep sleeper and can't always wake up.
It is kind of a treat for Garrett when he is working late hours because it insures that he will see, hold, hug and kiss at least one of his children that day.
And there is a big bonus because Ezra is always 1/2 a sleep and he says the funniest things.
Last night Garrett went in to get him and as he picked him up Ezra said: "Dad, don't forget the orange zest." Garrett said What? and Ezra said "just pull out an old Gusteau's recipe. One we haven't used in a while".
For those of you who don't know that last part is a line from Ratatouille.
The rest stemmed from my cooking dinner. I made prawns with orange and ginger salt over an orange salad & squid with jasmine tea and lime salt over fennel bulb salad. (look for it on the food blog there is a new recipe up and more coming soon). I was watching a Jamie video over and over to follow the recipe and the boys were sitting on the floor watching and saying things like "Mom, don't forget the orange zest. Mom, don't forget the ginger" etc...
It was so funny Garrett and I couldn't stop laughing.
It is kind of a treat for Garrett when he is working late hours because it insures that he will see, hold, hug and kiss at least one of his children that day.
And there is a big bonus because Ezra is always 1/2 a sleep and he says the funniest things.
Last night Garrett went in to get him and as he picked him up Ezra said: "Dad, don't forget the orange zest." Garrett said What? and Ezra said "just pull out an old Gusteau's recipe. One we haven't used in a while".
For those of you who don't know that last part is a line from Ratatouille.
The rest stemmed from my cooking dinner. I made prawns with orange and ginger salt over an orange salad & squid with jasmine tea and lime salt over fennel bulb salad. (look for it on the food blog there is a new recipe up and more coming soon). I was watching a Jamie video over and over to follow the recipe and the boys were sitting on the floor watching and saying things like "Mom, don't forget the orange zest. Mom, don't forget the ginger" etc...
It was so funny Garrett and I couldn't stop laughing.
1 comment:
That's hilarious and I'm jealous that your routine with Ezra is so pleasant. If only Luke could wake up that way. Usually he's somewhat lethal and definitely says nothingthat would fall into a "cute" catagory. Why we don't wake him anymore.
Post a Comment