Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Monthly Kids Movie Night

A while back my kids and I had two of their friends come over for a movie night while their parents went out on a date. We had popcorn and they brought some candy and the kids watched "The Tale of Despereaux" while they snacked. It was a really fun night for us and the parents were able to go to dinner. This got me thinking and I decided to start a monthly movie night available to all the families in the ward.
We had the first one last Friday night and these pictures are from that. We had a great time. There was popcorn and candy again and we watched "Bolt". It didn't go exactly as I had thought because a few of the kids were board with "Bolt" by the end, but they played in the toy room instead so they still had a good time. I was glad they liked our toys and had fun.


Aren't they cute. We have Isabelle on the far left, then Kate, Ethne and Evie. Don't you think those girls have great hair? I Love it! They were cute, polite and fun girls to have over, and we hope they come back again.

Here they are playing in the toy room- Parker had been in here playing too but came back for the Superman Short Garrett showed them after the movie :)


Ethne, Evie, Ezra, Parker and Enoch watching the "Superman" short. Garrett thought it only fair that since there wasn't a short at the beginning of the movie that we should have one at the end :) All in all it was a great night and we thought very successful. We will have one every month and all kids in the ward aged 4 and up can come and watch with us and have a fun time while their parents enjoy going out.

Ethne had stayed up about 2 hours past bedtime and was having such a good time. She was wound up and didn't want to go to bed. Garrett and I had a lot of fun playing with her while putting her to bed.

She was jumping around and laughing and playing etc... and was so cute that I had to get out the camera.

This was her "mommy, no Sleepy, no sleepy mommy". She could barely talk with her pacie in her mouth.

"see mommy? See?" She was asking to see the pictures I was taking.


See that cute little ponytail on the top of her head? Evie put that up there. She had fun arraigning Ethne's hair over and over. Ethne became Evie's biggest fan and Evie was really good with her.

"Ahhhhhh! Oh no! Oh no!" That is a favorite phrase of Ethne Girl's. She loves to pretend to need to be saved from unseen danger.





Ethne in cage-watch out she bites.




1 comment:

Mandi said...

I miss that little lady. Whatta cute face!