This was day 6 and we were heading out to Hamilton to the LDS temple there. We started the day off by going to the police station to make a report about the sign that fell on our car. We were told that if we had to make a claim with insurance for any reason we would need a police report to back it up. So we did that and then went to the Government gardens in Rotorua before leaving town.
The buildings here are worth seeing. The buildings and the grounds were immaculate.


probably the biggest Pekeko we have seen yet. I saw one of these things run across the lilly pads in the marsh. It was wild.
Isn't it pretty?
Camilla and I have a thing for beautiful palm trees. We always have to take pictures of them :) These were fine specimens and very large.
This building was very different that the other buildings in the garden. Seemed very Spanish.
This building was quite different.
I love this picture because they all look so cute.
Another great palm tree :)
They have some really fun public phone booths here.
This is a museum that we are walking into but we didn't actually go to the museum just bought some Rotorua mud masks and thermal foot soaking salts. They are all supposed to have healing properties and I think I said before that I believe that they do after soaking myself in the Polynesian Spa.
I love this picture of Ezra. I think he was sitting there as per request of his daddy for being wild and crazy in the store and he was being rather sour but he sure is cute.
This was the croquet club building and the whole croquet field was as green and pristine as you see there.
On our way up to Hamilton we followed the signs to see a castle. When we got here we laughed really hard at this year 2000 castle. Later we found that the castle is actually important enough to be on the country atlas that I bought for our road trip.
On the rest of the drive we saw Lake Karapiro and so much beautiful scenery we were in awe. When we got to Hamilton we got everyone settled in the hotel and then Garrett and I went to do a session at the Temple. When we got back we found out that we had forgotten to leave Ethne's pacifier with Camilla and so Ethne had cried herself to sleep :( So SAD!! That was the start of us leaving Camilla in a lurch whenever she watched the kids and I am not sure what happened but we felt terrible. At this point in the night though the kids were all in bed asleep so Garrett decided we would extend our temple date and go eat dinner. I was tired and didn't feel like it but we went. The bummer was that we had great Thai food but I felt to sick to eat it. I got more and more sick feeling we had to go home and go to bed. Not such a great ending to the day but the day itself was lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment