The kids got up early on Father's Day and since Garrett was sick we decided to lie in bed and wait for the kids to come in to us. It usually only takes minutes for them to show up and try to fit in the queen size bed with us. This particular day they never came in. We came out to see what they were doing in the kitchen and found this:

Enoch had set the table and Ezra had made a fruit/veg. center piece for the table. We were really impressed with their preparations for Garrett's Father's Day breakfast :) Not bad for a 6,4 and 1 year old.

They were so proud of their hard work and Garrett and I were so pleased to see that they had worked so hard without any prompting from us.

I was making a big meal for Dinner that night for our family and the missionaries but since Garrett was sick I had to cancel with the missionaries and take dinner to them instead of having them over. Since we have a really small oven and since the missionaries don't live close, AND since this was a big ordeal kind of meal I needed to do a lot of preparation before hand. I didn't have a recipe so we popped in the DVD of Jamie Oliver making the meal and I followed the instructions as he went through it. Garrett, Enoch and Ezra kept shouting out what he was doing to make sure I didn't miss anything :)

I paused cooking long enough to take pictures of my cute family enjoying Jamie and each other's company :) The kids chastised me at first for putting something on the TV on Sunday since it isn't something we usually do. But after I explained that this was the only way for me to get the recipe they curled up together on Garrett's legs.

Ezra pulled his hat over his eyes and pretended to snore and I died laughing when Enoch and Ethne started doing the same :) Ezra really is the comedian in the family and keeps us all in stitches.

Such little sweeties, I wished I could curl up with them instead of cooking in the kitchen. I made Parsnips, carrots, butternut squash, potatoes, chicken and wilted savoy cabbage. Each dish was seasoned differently for a unique flavor and I made my own marinade for the roasted chicken so there wasn't time for laying down with them.
Look for the recipe on my food blog:
http://30minutemeals-ashley.blogspot.com/

At the end of the day Garrett was more sick and I was worn out so I wondered if all the work I put into the meal would have been better spent lounging around with my family. But they seemed to really enjoy the food, so hopefully it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment