Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ethne's 2nd Birthday Pary- July 10, 2011

Here is our beautiful Birthday Girl. She is so precious to us. We love our Ethne Girl SO SO much. We really couldn't imagine how dull our life would be without this joyful spirit.
For her birthday party I decided to focus on all the things SHE loves. So the plan was to invite everyone over for morning tea and let them eat. Then have a story time with songs and stories. Open presents and finish it off with her favorite Ice-Keem-Cones! Here they are eating morning tea.
I made rolls and scones, onion jam, and we had hummus and raspberry jam as well. Then a friend brought yummy slices of a fancy bread she made, another brought tiny muffins cutely decorated, and still another friend brought some little cookies. We served juice, water and tea for the adults. The food was a great success.
This is Ethne Girl opening her presents.
This was either before opening gifts or part of the singing/story time.
Ethne opened this chair and from that moment she sat in the chair and opened the rest of her presents.
She was actually really great at opening things all by herself.
Here we are with the candles on the birthday ring glowing singing Happy Birthday.
Eating "ice-keem-cones". Lets see how many of the people I can name Ethne, Johanna Shortsmith, Raily Shortsmith, Spencer Shortsmith? Haley with her son Louis, Mele, Garrett, Lupe, Willhelmina with ?, Mia on the floor in the red, Desire with Odin and Mariah's legs :) Then back at the table-Lilly at the end in pink, Enoch and Carlos.
? (Lupe's daughter), Enoch, Carlos with Des and Mariah in the back.
Sadie, Mia, Lola, Arelia, Iris
Louis, Enoch and Carlos
Louis
Wil and ?, Des, and Mariah
Haley and Mariah-Aren't all these ladies adorable. They are all just fantastic people too that I love!
Mele with Lilly in front, Johanna with Railey, Amanda (carlos is her little boy but he isn't in this one), Garrett, Lupe and her adorable girl in red whose name I can't quite remember and her other daughter I had never met before. Someone comment and help me with their names please??
Desire with Odin, ?, Wil, Arelia, Iris and Raily
I think total we had 24 people but it might have been 25. Ten of those were adults so we had 14 or 15 kids at this party. They were so fun too.  I know Ethne had a great time and I had a wonderful time and was so glad everyone came and visited with us.  It was really a lot of fun with a lot of really lovely people.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHNE GIRL. We love you more than you will ever know.  Dad had been working a lot of hours that week but he came home for a few hours to be there at your party and enjoy celebrating with you.  You are a very loved little girl and should never forget it :)

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a fun party!! It looks like you are having such a fun adventure! Ethne is adorable.

Mariah said...

Desiree's son is called Odin, Lupe's youngest daughter is Gorgia, and oldest is Ana, and sorry I don't know who Wil is holding!

Thanks for the great party! It was fun to get together!