I am sorry these pictures are all scrambled up. They shouldn't be in this order but oh well.
Ezra just turned 5 in June and we were so excited to help him celebrate his 5th birthday. He has grown and changed so much in the last year and we are so happy with the sweet and responsible boy he is becoming. We LOVE you Ezra!
These are the cone cupcakes we made for Ezra's Candy Land Birthday party. They looked cute but I would NEVER eat one-yuck :) There is just something wrong with having a cone filled with cupcake. The kids licked off the icing and left the rest which was what I had expected so I made good frosting and didn't worry about the cupcake batter.
Ezra opening his gifts from friends-
Lego Cars set-
I thought it was so funny how he sunk down in this chair and all his friends crowded around. It was really comical actually to watch them.
There is Kate on the floor, Parker, Ben, Samantha, Enoch and Ezra
Blowing out his candles on the birthday ring- Ezra was going to recite the poem:
Five Years Old by Mary Louise Allen
Please, everybody, look at me!
Today I'm five years old, you see
And after this, I won't be four,
Not ever, ever, any more!
I won't be three--or--two--or one.
For that was when I'd first begun.
Now I'll be five a while, and then
I'll soon be something else again!
but he decided last minute that he wasn't going to do it :(
such a cute pucker don't you think??I did it mom now can I eat this gingerbread?
Ethne Girl-
These pictures of Ethne in the play silk head scarf were taken after the party was over. The boys were off building Lego's and playing with toys and while G and I were cleaning up. Ethne was entertaining us with her funny faces.
Here she was saying "ice-keem cones" over and over
Ezra wanted a "Candy Land" Party so I did my best with the time and resources I had but I have to admit if we had been in the states the decorations would have been SO much cooler. In the states I know where to shop for the things I need and the cost is so much lower that it would have been much more affordable. But we did the best with what we had and it turned out really nice.
Like with Ethne's birthday party we decided to do all the activities Ezra style. We had painting on mini canvases, gingerbread cookie decorating, snowball cookies, gingerbread cookies, cupcake ice cream cones, Candy Land the game and limbo :) I would have to say that painting the canvases seemed to be a favorite thing.
I made cute little gingerbread men and little stars to make into starfish.
These are the snowball cookies that we had WAY too many of. I ended up giving them away several times to different people. Good thing they were really good and wanted :)
We started the party off with the "Candy Land" game.
Then went to the painting. Looks like modern art I have seen in the MOMA in NYNY. Talented kids!
We then moved on to decorating cookies. This was also a favorite. Some of the kids just couldn't stop. They put more and more and more decorating frosting on their cookies. It was really fun! Here we have Enoch, Kate, Samantha, Ezra's hand, Raphael's hand and Ben's hands with Katheryn (Ben and Samantha's mom) in the background.
Birthday boy with Raphael painting
Ezra had a GREAT time at his party and really enjoyed all the kids coming and being there. We finished the day off with a few games of limbo but by that point the kids had too much energy to really take it seriously. It was a great party and everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you Ezra for being such a wonderful boy and for your creative spirit which inspired this whole party. You are a joy to be around and we will always love you more than you can tell. You are our favorite Ezra in all the world. Hugs and Kisses from your family.
2 comments:
Aren't Birthdays so fun? The preparing isn't my favorite, but the planning and execution is so great. The best is seeing how much they enjoy it. Blake is having his 5 yr party on Saturday (superhero). Your decorations and games looked really great!
Thanks for the blog comments :) I was telling Ian that you were just someone I connected well with at BYU and I knew we'd always stay friends. Someday I hope we can get together! I think our kids would have a great time playing with one another.
I love reading your blog. You guys have such a great family Sheryl and I hope that we can get together at some point too.
Post a Comment