Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Between Jamie Oliver & Santa

Ezra: "mom, it's between Jamie Oliver and Santa". Mom: What is?
Ezra: "what?"
Mom: what is between Jamie Oliver and Santa? Ezra: "well Santa spends a lot of money on toys and Jamie Oliver spends a lot of money on food".
Mom: so you are you trying to figure out who spends more money? Ezra: "Yes".
Then we had a long conversation about how Santa doesn't buy all the toys his elves make a lot of them. And he wanted to know:
Ezra: "Do the Elves wear coats?"
Mom: What do you mean?
Ezra: Do the Elves wear coats? It is WRILLY COLD in the North Pole" Mom: Well I am sure they have heaters inside but yes they would have to wear a coat outside.
Ezra: Who has the most money? Jamie Oliver pays a lot on food and Santa does not because--how can they make toys? Can they make the materials that Jesus can make?"
Mom: no
Ezra: "I's just making sure. I always just make sure"

This kids mind is all over the place. We are talking about one thing and then he pops out with a question that is from something we haven't been talking about for 5 minutes. The whole thing was so funny I wish I had it on video.
Now he is saying: "If you can dig in a pirate ship then the water will be coming up and you will be able to see fish and stuff and a whale or a shark or a squid or octopus or a sea diver or, um, shell fish, or, um, or, (think, think, think) mom, when I'n a grown up I am going to go to CA and buy a lot of bait and I'n going to deliver bait." Mom: Deliver bait to whom?
Ezra: "To whoever I don't know and people I do know too and I travel all around and deliver bait but I don't deliver bait to people on a different planet. Mom are lots of things went up to space..do people throw things up in the air...when balloons go up in the air do balloons go up to space or pop?"
All that without one breath-so funny!
Mom: They will pop when they get to a certain altitude I believe. They won't make it up to space.
Ezra: "I wonder where they will land. One might go up to our house and pop."
He gets in these moods sometimes where he just thinks and thinks and talks and talks. He can talk your ear off when Enoch isn't around dominating the conversation. He is supposed to be in quiet time right now and I don't have the heart to send him. Because he is so reflective and needs someone to answer all his questions and listen to all his chatter. It is so so cute and sweet to hear his little mind. Plus I have to make the most of this, I am told, because he will quit talking when he is a teenager. I hope not but everyone tells me that he will.
Ezra: "mom I am just waiting for you to put my mattress in the toy room."

I guess he is done :)

Ezra: "mom how does Heavenly Father make things?"

OK maybe not!

No comments: