Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sheding Tears Over Oatmeal? Is This Really Happening?

This has been a LONG HARD week for me. I have had very little sleep and Garrett and I have had a hard time seeing win-win lately. The kids are all messed up over daylight savings this last weekend (they did better the first few days but the last have been really awful)and they are really grouchy and disobedient. Ezra has been particularly trying for me and I don't have a lot of patience anymore. That is the background story for this:

I was chatting my sister about this week and eating my oatmeal for breakfast. I looked up just in time to see Ezra throwing a handful of oatmeal at Enoch. Ethne was covered head to toe in oatmeal, Ezra had oatmeal from his neck down to his socks, Enoch was free from the nasty stuff either because 1)Ezra is a bad throw or 2)Enoch was good at dodging. The kitchen however had oatmeal all over. The wood floor behind Enoch was covered in oatmeal. Aparently everytime I wasn't looking he was throwing a handful of oatmeal. That child is really stealth itself. Why didn't Enoch tell me? I don't know! I cried! Isn't that embarrassing? Yeah, I cried over oatmeal. Ezra laughed at me-Enoch jumped up and gave me a hug and said he was sorry that Ezra threw oatmeal on my clean house :) And Ethne screamed DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!! until I got her up and took her to the shower. I spent over an hour cleaning up oatmeal and before I was done Ezra came in and told me he had pooped his pants. By the time I was done yelling I realized he probably would have been better off with a spanking instead. I was SO mad! That was another hour cleaning out his clothes, showering him, cleaning out the tub and the toilet inside and out. That child is on my blacklist this week...he better watch out. Yesterday he had 3 accidents. The boy is like a puppy-he gets excited and he starts peeing. He gets lazy and he pees, he holds it for way too long and he pees. BUT the Poo, that is something that just makes me MAD and he has started doing it almost everyday for the last week. In the past when I asked him how I could help him not have accidents he would say-"um, just put up a sign". I would always say Ezra, that isn't going to help.

Today I asked him in desperation (again) what in the world I was supposed to do to get him to stop having accidents and he said in a very serious voice "hmm, don't put up a sign"-think think think-"maybe just tell me to sit on the toilet for however many minutes everyday".

While this may seem funny to you-I am beyond laughing and starting to pull my hair out. I thought I should write it down so that I might see the humor in all of it, but I have to confess I feel as depressed as ever-sigh!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh Ash, I can totally sympathize with you. Kids sure can try our patience. Carson rarely has accidents but two days ago he pooped in his undies too. I was so MAD! UGH! I try to tell myself that someday I'll miss their messes and distractions but it really doesn't help much.
It's nice to hear that someone as neat as you has hard days too. :)