Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011 Part One

This is the Easter breakfast that Garrett made. I will put this up on the Jamie Oliver blog in the next few days and give more details. It was wonderful.
The rest of breakfast: fijoa's, bananas, and passion fruit:



I didn't buy any of the kids Easter clothes this year but Ethne had a dress she is just growing into that she hadn't worn yet so she got that for her Easter dress. She looked really cute in it with her matching barrette's.







With as wiggly as she is when I do her hair this is how straight her parts end up? I had to hold her with one had and part her hair with the other :) BUT the good news is that she didn't take her barrette's and pigtail holders out until the end of the day. First time ever!











The kids got these in their Easter baskets this morning. Persimmons-they are so good!



Ethne got a veggie tale movie and her chocolate egg bouquet.



Ethne loves her Easter basket that CA Grandparents got her last year. It was perfect for her. She loves to carry it around with stuff in it like a purse. And she loves that it has her name on it too. We have spent Easter at CA Grandparents ever year since we moved to CA and we were really sad not to be there and die eggs and have our traditional egg hunt etc... It was hard for all of us Sunday. We felt we were missing something :(



She also got a bell shaker instrument and a little pack of jelly beans. We went VERY light on the candy this year. I told the boys we aren't having any treats until Aunt Camilla comes so we can make some fun deserts for her. But I did want them to have something in their baskets. I have been sugar free for almost two weeks now :)


The boys each got a chocolate bunny and pack of jelly beans, a bug jar with a magnifying lid for bug world adventures, a movie, and a persimmon. Then they had an Easter egg hunt for plastic eggs filled with money. That is how we make it up to them that there aren't a lot of treats. They love money more anyway :)


Enoch got Veggie Tales "Minnesota Cuke and the Search For Samson's Hair Brush":



Ezra got "The Tale of Despereaux":



I don't have a picture but I got Garrett a little box of fijoa chocolates. He said they were really good. I wanted to know what they were like but I didn't cave and eat any. Good for me! I did enjoy my persimmon though and it was very sweet and satisfying.

No comments: