Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Second week in Sydney-Monday taking it easy

Today we just had a relaxing day at the hotel. We were lazy and played and cleaned and blogged and read other blogs. I made pad Thai and cauliflower for dinner with a pitcher of Turkish apple tea with mint and lime. None of it went together but man did it taste good. I love pad Thai and I don't like steamed cauliflower but this was actually really good. I took some Gouda and really good cheddar and melted it in a tiny bit of warm milk and cream and made just a little drizzle of cheese sauce for the cauliflower. It was so good that everyone asked for seconds. The tea was so refreshing on a hot day too that after Garrett walked home from work it hit the spot.

This was Garrett's first day of work and I think the butterflies must have left right away because he had a great first day. He works on the Fox Studio Lot so he walks between all the stages etc... Which in other studios he has worked at we placed out of the way. He may be walking into work one day and meet Leonardo or who knows who else. Kinda cool!

He said there is a public side where anyone can come on and they have a cinema and a market every week and shops and fun things to do for families. The kids and I are excited to go and see it. Should be loads of fun. I will be sure to take pictures.

1 comment:

Katheryn said...

Sounds like a fun place to work!