Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Second Week in Sydney- Wednesday

Today we walked over to The Entetainment Quarter at Fox Studios to check it out. It was not too long of a walk but it was so hot and so humid that we were sweating so much. We all kind of felt miserable by the time we got there. The kids were excited though about all of the fun things going on there.

The market was there today and was full of people shopping and eating. There were lots of breads, fruits and veggies, pastries, fresh juices, Ethiopian, Turkish, Chinese and Indonesian food stands all with unique foods and aromas that permiated the air. There was a French air-dried meat stand and the lady and gent that were running the booth had such strong French accents I could barly understand them. I loved their accecnts though and enjoyed talking with them. It made me wish I could speak French.

We got a ciabatta loaf and some Turkish-carrot dip for lunch and shared a Turkish flat-bread type quesadilla. It had feta, spinach and some kind of meat. The kids really liked it but the spinach seemed a little bitter to me.

Garrett took us onto the Fox Studio private lot and we saw the Stages they film on and all the office buildings etc... It was pretty cool. Before we left Ezra discovered a paint your own potery shop and he really really wants to do it. I will try to take him sometime for a mommy date.

I was surprised at how many shops were there. It was like an outdoor mall. I hadn't expected that.

On the walk back we all felt like we might sweat to death :) if that is possible. We drank a lot of water but it felt like a long miserable walk back to the hotel. We came inside and changed as quick as we could and went swimming at the aquatic center around the corner. We get to use it for free and it is a fun place. I blogged and emailed yesterday while the kids swam in the kiddie pool. But today I spent the whole time cooling off in the water as well. Ezra was really sad that Enoch was old enough to get in the hot tub but he was too young. Ethne was bummed about that too but the kiddie pool was already pretty warm so it was ok.

Each of the kids made a friend at the pool. Enoch enjoyed talking with a girl who was five but looked 6-7. She had lost almost as many teeth as he had and she was an excellent swimmer. Enoch was jealous that she could swim so well and wished he could join her in her freedom around the pool. I told him as soon as we move into our new place we will find a place to get him swim lessons.

Ezra made friends with an 18 month old Korean boy who was adorable. Ezra fetched and carried for him. He talked to his mother, who was in the kiddie pool with him, for two hours. She was so grateful. She told me several times that he was a wonderful, friendly, and sweet boy. She said he made their time there most enjoyable and that they would have been bord without him. That really made Ezra feel special :)

Ethne made friends with several people but she was mostly interested in playing with me and dropping things into the deep water for me to go get- stinker.

We came home, showered, went grocery shopping and came home to make dinner and have ice cream bars.

At about 6 pm I realized why I had felt so yucky all day. I had been running on only a little bread and carrot dip. I forgot that was all I had eaten all day. It is hard to feel hungry in this heat and humidity, but my body was feeling the effects of lack of food. I guess I better start paying closer attention in the future. :)

3 comments:

la said...

Oh! Wow! such adventures! They are so cute!Hiw nice it all seems except the humidity and heat!

Dorothy said...

Love ethane's adorable swim suit!! And by ethane I mean ethne. Lol

Helen Sycamore said...

Sounds like an awesome day!I can't wait to get there!