Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years Celebrations or Lack Thereof

So our New Years Eve and New Years Day activities were pretty simple and plain. We didn't do much until Monday but we did have a great day then.

Sat. Garrett had to work so we didn't do all that much. The kids and I met Garreett for an hour to go get gelato cones durring the hottest part of the day since it was a scorcher! We were so hot all day.

Then we walked him back to work and the kids and I sweated all the way home walking in the heat so we changed quickly and jumped in the pool to cool off. That was really fun as we got to chat with with some other people here On Holliday staying in our complex.

Kids went to bed at the same time as usual and G and I had some chips and salsa and sarsaparilla and went to bed just before midnight listening to the fireworks and crazy drunkards outside in the pool.

Sunday we made it to the bus stop just on time but the bus was late so we were so hot by the time we finally got to church. At church I was very unexpectedly asked to come up and bear my testimony in front of a ward where I know five people and have met a handful more but oddly enough I felt comfortable doing it. When the bishop got up and announced he was changing the program to call up someone I looked up and knew it was going to be me. It was a great opportunity for me since I rarely get up and do it on my own.

We came home and had a cheese, baguette, fruit and curred meat dinner (or maybe that was Sat. I can't totally remember now). We had a nice quiet day in preparation for our really big day on Monday. It was fun to be together and play. Garrett and I had some great times with the kids this day and good conversations. I am always so impressed with how much Garrettis able to teach the boys. They really listen to him and ask great questions. They talked about how important it's to find your passion in life and do what you love.

He talked to them about how you have to know what you want and then be passionate enough about it to work hard enough to get it. He not only talks the talk though he also walks the walk so I think it really got through to them. Cheesey, but true and The next day proved me right as you will see in a later post.

1 comment:

Helen Sycamore said...

Haha after a rather daunting day at school that was exactly what I needed to hear tonight! Thanks G (and ash) for being such a great example of working hard and choosing to do what you love to do.