Monday, January 23, 2012

She's a Genius- I am convinced

Ethne was eating breakfast this morning and I gave her some yoghurt to go with her English muffin. She loves yoghurt and she left the muffin to eat the yoghurt. Later on the boys were finished with theirs and off working on something. Ethne wanted to be done but she hadn't finished her food yet and knew I would object to her running off and leaving it. She looked up at me and said "I didn't axe for some ogrit" meaning I didn't ask for any yoghurt so do I have to eat it before I can get down? The adult like thoughts that were going through her mind were astonishing to me. I could see the inner workings of her mind and it was truly amazing coming from a 2 1/2 year old child. WOW!!!

Then about an hour later she went poo and I said Ethne, you should have told me you needed to poo in the potty and you could have had a treat. She thought about it a second and cocked her head and said "but it's the same poo mommy. It's the same poo."

Seriously, there she goes again. That is a complex thought for a child her age. She thought if she was going to get a treat for going poo in the potty why not for going in he diaper. Both means had the same end so why not the same reward. I was able to explain to her the difference but I was in awe of her thought process.

2 comments:

Helen Sycamore said...

So...did you make her finish her food?
That is impressive! She's very smart! All of your children are!

Sheryl said...

Wow. She is a smarty pants! My Savannah is making connections similar and she's not two yet. Not with Ethne's vocabulary of course, but saying things that boggle my mind because I think she's not big enough to think that way.