Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wellington New Zealand Day 21 Sat.

On Sat. we spent the entire day as a family doing Christmas shopping and shopping for appliances. We looked for all the white ware. We need a microwave, fridge, and washer/dryer. It took the entire day but it was really a fun day for the most part. Garrett and I felt overwhelmed at the money we are going to have to spend, but we found some great deals and were able to make some good notes to go home and contemplate. We also bought Christmas presents for the kids because we haven't been able to do any Santa shopping yet really. We spent an hour the night before (Friday) and I purchased a doll for Ethne a different day, but that was all we had done. They aren't getting much but what they are getting is really great so I think they will be happy. Since our things will not be here until February we though it would be important for them to have something great to play with. They will need something to do when it is cold and rainy. We went to lunch at a little cafe where Ezra had scrambled eggs on toast (their eggs on toast are really good here), Enoch had chicken nuggets and fries, Garrett had lasagna and Ethne and I shared an pasta with chicken and Thai chili sauce. It was fantastic. Actually everyone was very happy with their food. Good place! I bought Garrett a really nice boogie board for Christmas. (don't worry he never reads the blog so he won't know-oh wait he already knows :(

It was really tricky to buy all the Christmas gifts with the kids there. We had to talk about what we were going to get them and then I would distract the kids and Garrett would gather it up and go pay for it and load it in the car and meet back up with us. Pretty hard when Enoch is the king of deduction and doesn't miss a beat--EXCEPT if he is watching a movie, playing on the ipad, or looking at star wars Lego's :)

The kids were really pretty good while we were out but there were a few times where they were really tired of looking at boring things. Their favorite part of the day was at the appliance store when a boy a little older than Enoch showed them how to use their body's to play river rafting on the huge screen TV via X-Box. They really loved being able to jump and watch the boys in the raft on the TV jump as well. They would have so so much fun with something like that. Too bad they are addicting and they turn your children into boring, unimaginative, combative, tyrants :) I am already tired of them asking me all day long to play on the ipad. If we had something else I would be asked 1 million times a day if they could play that too.

No comments: