Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 24 Wellington New Zealand

Today is Tuesday. Those last several entries are out of order. I haven't had much time to write on the blog so I am trying to do a little catch up. My brain is too fried to remember it all so they are short and sweet. Right now Ethne and Ezra are sleeping and Enoch is watching people ice skate to Mannheim Steamroller on tv-but he is board he just told me. I guess that means I don't have much time left to do this :) So today we spent the first 1/2 of the day at the museum. Did I already tell you that they are the only museum in the world that has a Colossol Squid on display in a tank (it is preserved and very very cool). It was pooring rain and SUPER windy today so Garrett picked us up and we showed him the squid and all of its parts that are usually hidden so that you don't know they are there. The claws that turn 360' and the beak, the eggs that were inside it and the tenticles up close. enoch and Ezra checked on their squid (the one they made in the computer there) and it said they were 7 days old and had traveled about 33KM. Enoch's had passed through a pod of Killer Whales and Ezra's had just escaped a scientist. They were very excited to have this knowlege. We ate lunch in the cafe and Enoch and Ezra ate the sea food chowder. I thought this was just a little funny to be learning so much about the squid and then eat his relatives for lunch. Garrett ate a salad and fish pie and Ethne and I shared a salad and fish and chips.

Ethne has become a very serious dipper. She now will not be content to eat things diped once--she DOUBLE and TRIPPLE dips in MY dip. She has to dip every time she takes a bite. I have to be very stratigic to keep her from contaminating it all. She is a VERY busy lady who knows just what she wants and what stands in her way of getting it. She is quite capable of eliminating or getting around her obsticles. Garrett, the boys and I are facinated to watch her as she moves forward-always with a purpose. She is quite amazing.

Cutting this short-no time to finish-maybe later :)

No comments: