Wow! today has been very long for all of us and ended with everyone tired stressed and irritable. I want to be in bed right now but will have no time tomorrow to write down thoughts from today.
Garrett is up doing a budget for us so that we can figure out how much is reasonable to spend on a house. We are feeling torn right now on that issue. We are both usually VERY conservative on monthly expenses. We keep the monthly expenses as low as possible-no car payments or extras that can be done without. This gives us more money for saving for a home, saving in general, helping other people, and splerging on things occasionally that we feel will enrich our lives.
Right now however, we are both at a point where we are so tired of living in junk, places that are too small, too yucky, too cheap that we are looking around and saying to ourselves-maybe we should spend a little more and get something we actually LIKE.
Garrett said something to me today that I never thought I would here from him. He was tired and worn out and he said "I am so tired of living in junk. I just want a place that is nice to come home too". When he told Ginny to start looking in the $700 a week range instead of the $650 a week range I just about had a heart attack. Not just because of the expense but also because I can't believe he (Mr. Cheap housing) said those words :)
We saw 6 places that were mostly junk. There were two that we really liked but both were just out of our price range. Garrett is ready to just take one of those but I was hoping maybe on Monday we would find something lovely AND less expensive. We should probably go with Garrett's instincts though. He is worried that any day they will put him on a shot and then everything will be left to me which I am not sure I could do all this alone. There is still so much to do. Once we get a place we have to decide whether or not to rent or by furnishings. We have no beds, no furniture at all actually-so there will be a lot to do for that as well and once Garrett starts on a shot he will be working 10hr days and there will not be any stores open by the time he gets off work.
Well we are off to bed finally-should sleep well since we are so exhausted. Goodnight!
Davis rocks
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment