Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 15 Sunday Wellington, New Zealand

So today was Sunday and since we went to bed super late last night no one woke up until 8:30this morning. Church started at 9am. There were so many obstacles to getting there that we didn't make it until part way through the second meeting. We had moved hotels the day before so we had to re-find all the church clothes and iron them etc... Plus it takes at least 15 minutes for garrett to walk to where the car is parked and come pick us up. With all those things and more against us we were pretty late. Since I really didn't feel like going at all i had to force myself to even do that after everything that went wrong. But we were of course glad we went in the end. I got very little out of church seeing as how I was in nursery the whole time with Ethne, but I always feel uplifted by the sweet spirits of all the kids. Including the little boy who through things at me and the other little boy who was banging his little sister over the head with the lid to his lunch box. Lol That same kid accidentally bit his little sisters finger when she reached into his lunch box and stole a handful of his popcorn. He grabbed her hand and tried to eat the popcorn out of it and when he bit the popcorn he also bit one of her fingers. Poor sad little sister.

The choir director for the ward is also in nursery and he asked me if I would stay and sing. I sheepishly told him I can't really sing and he replied "I didn't ask you if you COULD sing. I asked you if you WOULD sing.". Ouch! He is a voice teacher!

After church we went home to the hotel and had lunch and everyone took naps. By the time everyone was up and finished doing their changing clothes etc...it was time for dinner. We Ate and then we were fortunate enough to be allowed by a tenant to come look at the place his family is moving out of in Jan. We really liked what we saw. It is right out by the beach. It is across the street from a park and it is a great little house. 4 bed 2 bath, wood floors, central heating, great big back yard with tree swing, really great. But it is really expensive. It is also close to Garrett's work so that would save a lot of money in a lot of ways but we still aren't quite sure if we could or should spend that kind of cash. Hmm....life is so full of decisions that are hard to make and honestly I hate making them. Oh well-I have some major white people problems going on at the moment! Hopefully things will resolve themselves soon.

1 comment:

Cicily said...

Haha... White people problems. Btw, had a dream that we had a room full of nz ice cream, but they were all weird flavors, and I had such a hard time picking. I just kept eating a little of each. Miss ya!