Wednesday, December 14, 2011

T2

I am really in love with T2. I have never been in anything like it yet. It is a tea shop full of wonderful smells and engaging surroundings. It is a mix of modern and traditional styles and sheik but classy as well. There are bright colored tea pots in chunky styles and dainty china tea cups with softly painted flowers on them, Asian style tea cups without handles and Traditnal English style china cups to be tipped up with pinkies flaring. And somehow it all works together in the dark spacious space all painted blak.

Probably about a third of the teas are herbal and drinkable for a Later-day Saint, and all of the teas were out in little white cups for you to smell and take in their aroma to see which ones were pleasing to you. I was so tired the first time we went in this store that I had a hard time taking it all in. I also had a hard time keeping Ethne away from the shelves and shelves of breakable items, so we cut the trip short before I could smell everything and really take it all in. We went back two days later and I got to smell all the teas and make up a long Christmas list for Garrett :)

Originally I told him to please not give me anything for Christmas, but it didn't take me long in the tea shop to realize I actually had quite a list developing.

One of the things on my list are the adorable little metal containers to store your tea in. All the teas are loose- not in tea bags so you need a good container to keep them fresh. The containers come in all different colors and sizes. They even have some that stack tightly on top of each other to keep multiple kinds in. I think those are the ones I want. The second time we went in there it was really hot outside and they had two different iced teas in jugs with a stack of paper cups ready for you to quench your thirst. Enoch spotted them right away and wanted a drink. I checked out the teas and both were herbal and in-line with our standards so I poured us each a glass.

Ahh...that was the begining of my new love affair with Turkish Apple tea-iced with added fresh mint and limes. It was the best thing I have ever tasted and the perfect beverage for a hot sticky day. Enoch thought so too! It does have sugar in it and was quite sweet but it just hit the spot like few things can.

The next kind was unsweetened strawberry vanilla and although it was quite good it just couldn't live up to the sweet apple and minty flavor of the Turkish Apple tea. Both made it on my Christmas list though. I have been on the look out for good herbal infusions that are tasty cold. It makes you feel so indulgent in the summer. Must be my southern roots where no one sits on the front porch durring the summer without a nice cold glass of sweet tea (except of course the Later-day saints).

T2 also held a new love for Ethne girl as well in the form of a child's colorful tea set that went on her Christmas list. She didn't want to part either time from the pink tea cup that she informed me was "her" tea cup. The biggest problem with the tea sets is that they all come in boxes all wrapped up in a red and white checkered cloth and each on is a mixture of colors. You get what you get and you can't pick. Ethne would most assuredly be upset if there were no pink pieces in her set, so I am not sure if it is even worth getting it. Bummer!!!

Well I have been a very good girl this year so am expecting a nice sampling from T2 this
Christmas. I will let you all know how I come out :)

Santa Baby did you read this???

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Sounds like you need to bring some gifts home:)) Tea doesn't weigh very much you know.

Anonymous said...

I am putting in a request for apple mint tea.....sounds like an amazing place. I know how you like tea.