Friday the 23rd Garrett worked all day and picked up the rental car. He came back here and we loaded everything I had packed durring the day and drove the 1hr. 45 min to the ferry at Cape Jervis. We got on the boat with our car and rode the painful 45 min ride to the other side where we landed at Penshaw, Kangaroo Island or as they call it there KI.
The boat ride was terrible for all of our still very upset stomachs. Ethne and I kept thinking we would throw up at any moment and Ezra had to lay down. It was a rough time to go with the kids too because we didn't get on the ferry until 9pm which was two hours after their normal bedtime.
When we got to Penshaw we still had a 45min drive to Kingscote, the town we stayed in. I was starting to wonder as the kids, whined and cried and fought, what I was thinking when I put this trip together. But as we were driving we almost hit two kangaroos in the middle of the road and oddly enough that lifted my spirits. I was suddenly excited about all that was ahead and the magic of a counrtry and now an island where even the mice hop. The wildlife here truly is a wonder to behold in its natural habitat.
We saw lots and lots of wallabys and several kangaroos on our drive.
We got to the hotel and crashed in our one tiny room with a desk, a table, a queen bed, a bunk bed with a trundle, and another twin bed :)
Wish you were here Camilla we could have slept one more.
We went to bed and slept in in the morning until 7:30
Davis rocks
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment