This post is about my big sister. My Briney Marlin- There have been so many times in my life that I have been grateful for having a big sister. Someone who has been there and done that. And usually so recently that not only she remembers it but I remember it too. Frequently when hard times come along I have perspective from remembering that only a year or two beck my big sister went through something very similar if not the exact same thing.
I am lucky too that she is a good example to me and handles these hard times with energy and determination. It has brought me hope as I have thought to myself that if Amber can do it then so can I. We are the same blood, and should therefore be able to rise to the same challenges and, with each others help, succeed.
I am also blessed that my big sister has many of the qualities I want to posses and so I have a close roll model to keep my eye on to see how she grows in those and other qualities.
Some of those qualities are below:
My big sister is Strong/determined- every year that goes by is another year that Amber grows and accomplishes her list of things to do and master and become. This strength and determination has gotten her through countless challenges and allowed her to make a beautiful and wonderful life for her family.
My big sister is-Creative. She has just recently decorated her daughters room on a tiny budget but through her creativity and ingenuity she came up with a beautiful araingement that was ALL homemade/handmade. She does EVERYTHING by hand from her baking and sewing to her gifts for friends and family. Every year she makes by hand her children's AMAZING Halloween costumes. I wish I could put up pictures here and show you the amazing things she has transformed them into.likewise every Christmas she has made a homemade ornament for everyone in the family. They aree tresures we love and look forward to hanging up on our tree every year. I also have many handmade decorations she has lovingly made me for birthdays and other occasions as well. I treasure them all.
My big sister is Frugal-Amber is one of those people who can make a $ last a month of Sundays as they say :) she and my mom have taught me all I know about being frugal and doing without things you don't need. This skill has blessed her life and the life of all of her family immediate and extended. She has taught countless Relief Society lessons on hands on ways of doing things and doing them to enrich your families life and save money in the process.
My big sister is a very-Thoughtful gift giver. This is a quality that I think most people appreciate. People like to be given gifts that mean something for them personally. I know I do. I love getting packages from Amber because they are always thoughtful and handmade with lots of love.
My big sister has taught me lots of things from the very complex and spiritual to the simple and practical like "Always watch out for little girls short leggings. They are hard to find so when you do find them buy them. They are good for them to wear under dresses in the summer". Or "you have to be caful when buying little girl panties. Most of them are bikini cuts and other cuts little girls don't need." that little token of advice came to late :) I bought a bunch for Ethne for potty training and never thought to look and see how they were cut. I just expected that since they were for a three year old they would be regular brief coverage. Lesson learned.
Thank you big sister for all the things you do and for being the amazing mother to almost 6 kids that you are. I watch you and learn from you. Even your failures have been good for me to learn from. Thank you for going first and pioneering the way for the rest of us. I love you and wish you a very happy late birthday.
Love your little sis,
Ash
Davis rocks
11 years ago
3 comments:
Wow. That's so encouraging. Thank you. I was just thinking of one of the many lessons you've taught me, just yesterday. How to relax and enjoy and be with others even when your list is too long. Thanks for being my sister:)
Ditto that! lol
Ditto that! lol
Post a Comment