Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day Two in Adelaide

This day Garrett went to work and we met him at lunch time to go for a walk and be introduced to a different part of the city. 

We walked to Garretts work and then walked to a large outdoor shopping area called Rundall Mall. It is a street that cars can't drive through that is full of shopping.  Garrett showed us where it was and then took us down to a chocolate shop in the other direction. They had some beautiful things in there and we each had one chocolate which I thought tasted just ok. 

The highlight of the walk was a place called T2 which I will talk about later. It is worth it's own post.

We parted with Garrett and then walked to Target to see how it compared to the ones in the states and I let the kids look at toys for a while. Ethne was really into all the girly toys and the baby toys that make noise. Ezra was lamenting that he hadn't told Santa that he wanted "Pirate's of the Caribbean"Legos and Enoch was really wishing he could buy some "alien" Legos.  

I didn't really think that the target was all that similar to the ones in the states but yet it wasn't all that different either. Kinda weird. I actually got stopped on the way out the door and they searched my stroller. That was also kinda weird. They don't do that in any of the Targets I shop at in the states, but I later saw on tv that night there was a whole show dedicated to shoplifting. 

After all of that we walked down to the Rundall mall section. Most of the shops weren't really kid friendly so we mostly window shopped. We found a "jamba juice" kind of place and I was pleasantly surprised that none of the smoothies were made with extra sugar or ice cream of any kind. I bought them a smoothie to drink and put them in the entrance of a shop while I looked at things right inside the door. They did a great job staying quiet until the end of the drink when they started fighting over it and opened the lid. Before I knew  it they had spilled the drink on the shop floor :( I got some cleaner and paper towels and got it all cleaned up and the shop worker showed us to the back of the shop where the kids could color pictures while I shopped. I found a cool gift for Garrett and had it wrapped up while we did some more shopping. 

After that we headed back to our apartment. Garrett brought in some dinner from an Indian restaurant and I found it lacking. It really made me miss our favorite Indian restaurant in Wellington "A taste of India". 

Overall we had a great day. I walked the kids around for hours and hours and they were tired and hungry and crashed into bed after dinner and baths that night. Just what I needed them to do! They have complained a lot about having to walk every where and say they want to buy a car :) but they are getting used to it I THINK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think how good it is for everyone to do so much walking! That is seriously the only thing that makes Ellie sleep well at night--if she has walked MILES all day.