Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 6 in Adelaide Sunday December 11th

Today we walked to church and it took much longer than we had anticipated. The plan had been to walk 20 min to a bus stop and then to ride a bus the rest of the way to make sure we werent late for church. Things didn't go as planned and we decided to walk the rest of the way to church. It took almost two hours to get there and the kids were really whiny and put out by the time we finally go there. We were late for church which always annoys me but we finally managed to get in there and sit down in time for a talk on deep doctrine that seemed a little out of place for a Sacrament meeting.

The kids went to the new classes with no hesitation at all. Ethne had been begging for "her friends" through all of sacrament meeting. Meaning she wanted to go to nursery and play with "her friends" because as we all know all people are Ethne's friends even the ones who don't now her yet.

The ward was really small and ok friendly but not super friendly. I did get the loud and clear message from the High Priests and the bishop though that they REALLY like Garrett and want him to stay longer so that they can give him callings. They all liked me immediately because as they said "he is so Wonderful" that we know you must be too :) too bad the RS wasn't as welcoming.

On the way home from church the kids had been sitting for two hours and 20 min, they had had snacks and an ice block and an apple zoo we figured walking hom would be the best thing. The boys were wild as they always are after church and we were fglad we had made that decision. The walk was just as long though for them on the way home and they got ticked at us for not taking the bus. Ezra especially got mad at me for not allowing him to play too rough with me. He got a little over the top and was hitting and kicking and hurting me even though he was playing. After that he started sulking and walking a little behind us etc... To show his displeasure. Garrett tried to help him out by playing with him but ran into the same problem and ended up offending Ezra as well.

Just about the time I thought Ezra was coming out of it all and feeling a little better I got knocked in the side of the head with something hard and heavy. It hit me just above the right temple and it hurt so badly. A goose egg began forming immediately and before long it was HUGE. Enoch saw it and came running to me and was startled to see tears forming. He said "mom, I don't think I have ever seen you cry". This isn't true of course but I think what he meant was that he hadn't ever seen me cry from getting hurt. He told Garrett "dad, I think I taught mom how to cry" lol

Garrett was really harsh with Ezra but I could see that he had had no idea what the consequences were going to be from his actions and that he needed a hug. I pulled him to me and hugged him. He immediately burst into tears. He sobbed and sobbed with remorse. He just couldnt seem to apologize enough. He held my hand the whole way home and kept asking if I was ok and saying "mom, I just wish I hadn't thrown that at you. I wish i could stop thinking about it. It makes me feel so yucky inside."

It was a really good lesson for him though I thought until that night at bedtime. He got mad at me again and he said "mom, you are making me more glader that I threw that thing at you"

Great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy is a complex little guy. I wonder why it is so hard for him to say sorry? I suspect he might have a hard time admitting he is not perfect. And, he may be way too smart for his young body and mind. I suspect he will be easier as he grows. Boy do we miss him. He has a good heart.

Ashley said...

Well I think if I can remember what was going through my head at his age I might be able to figure him out. I think I was just like him at his age. My mom said I would just blankly stare at my dad when I got in trouble. I would refuse to say anything.i would only stare. I think it was because I despise crying in front of other people and to say anything at all would mean tears. I especially was determined not to cry in front of my dad. He was a pretty hard guy when I was little and had little sympathy for weakness and tears. Poor guy maybe that is why he was blessed with 5 girls :) and you know often I didn't know what to say to him. I didnt have e answers to his questions and if I did I didn't think he would understand.