Saturday, March 12, 2011

WE MISSED THE WHALES

Oh can I just tell you how sad I am that we missed the whales. We went out to take a Sunday night walk on a trail by our house on the beach. We got there 10 minutes too late. We ran into some friends just coming back with their camera from seeing a pod of Orca (or killer) whales. They were right here-by our beach-by our house-and I missed them. I am totally bummed. When does that EVER happen :( BUT it is still exciting that they come by here and I will be watching in the future in hopes that I will not miss it again.

The water was really rough tonight as the tide was coming in. I was so surprised to see it that choppy and rough. Garrett and I were wondering if it was because of the big earthquake and Tsunami in Japan yesterday. Those poor people. I feel so sorry for them. I saw videos yesterday of their houses washing away and it made me think just how fragile we are here in Seatoun. Living right on the beach isn't without it's hazards. It sure would have felt worth it tonight though if only I could have see the Orca's :)

Goodnight all-

No comments: