Thursday, March 31, 2011

Too Much "I Love Lucy"

A sure sign that my kids have been watching too much "I Love Lucy": Enoch and Ezra ask me: "Mom are your pearls real Japanese pearls or Macy's basement $2.98 pearls?" Mom: laughing says: These are more like Macy's $2.98 pearls. Enoch: "I thought those were real pearls?" Mom: They are but the are just cheap pearls because they are straight from the oyster and not polished or anything. Ezra: "but they are real?" Mom: yes Enoch: "Why don't you get some real Japanese pearls then?" Mom: Because they are really expensive Enoch and Ezra: "But you could go to Japan. They don't cost much in Japan" Mom: Maybe one day I will :) For those of you who are avid fans you need no explanation. For the rest of you here it is- Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel are in Japan where Lucy is wearing her $2.98 Macy's basement pearls. She finds out she can get real pearls that would cost $300 in the states for only $100 in Japan. She does what she does best, and comes up with a plan to pull one over on Ricky and gets guest star Bob Cummings to help out. All her plans go wild, but Lucy gets her way in the end as per usual--It is really funny! Yesterday Enoch said: "All Ricky cares about is money!"

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh my goodnes. I seeriously don't think I've ever seen that episode. I wonder if I can watch it on Youtube.