Two Sat. ago we had a full and fun day that everyone enjoyed. We got up and went to the farmers market to get our fruits, veggies, and eggs for the week.
Next we drove around to find parking for the Indian Bazaar at the local Indian Cultural Center (I think that is what it is called). They were having a fund raising event and since it was right after the Christhurch Earthquake they were donating all the net proceeds to the people there in need of help. We were able to look at all their booths and the clothes and things they were selling. They had some amazing outfits for little girls Ethne's age. If they had had the one I was in love with in her particular size I would have bought it for her. There were some beautiful wool cloths wrapped up that would be beautiful table cloths but they weren't actually table cloths they were head shawls :)
We had lunch there and sampled a lot of the food that we had never tasted before. There were some popular ones there like Butter Chicken and Rogan Josh but there were things we had never seen before anywhere. We tried those. Instead of buying us each a meal we just bought lots of little things and all shared them. There were little rice flour balls in coconut milk which I didn't at all like. There was a chickpea mix full of slices of coconut and I don't know what else that was really good. Some of the things I can't even describe. I wish I knew what they were called. We bought a mango drink and Garrett and I each took a sip and then let the kids share it because a lot of the food was spicy. Then we had spiced lamb wrapped in roti chapati with different sauces. I had some of this because the kids wouldn't eat it and I didn't want to waste our lunch when I was hungry, but I try to avoid eating lamb whenever possible.
We had a great time there and when we were done we went to the zoo for a couple of hours and saw the kiwi's, watched them feed the tigers and talk about their male tiger. He has to eat mince (ground meat) because he had a hairball in his throat that grew attached and made it so he couldn't swallow. They surgically removed it and they feed him mince so that he can eat meat. If he were in the wild he would have died by now, but since he has zoo keepers to feed him mince and a female to dominate he is happily living a superficial existence in a cage like all male carnivores do. Sort of- :)
We came home and fed the kids some dinner and put the to bed. They were so tired after such a long day they could barely keep their eyes open. I just put them to bed partially dirty and gave them baths the next morning. It wouldn't at all do to torture them in the bath when they were so overly worn out poor things :) They slept well though which was great and Garrett and I stayed up late cleaning the house so it would be ready for Sunday.
Great day!
Next we drove around to find parking for the Indian Bazaar at the local Indian Cultural Center (I think that is what it is called). They were having a fund raising event and since it was right after the Christhurch Earthquake they were donating all the net proceeds to the people there in need of help. We were able to look at all their booths and the clothes and things they were selling. They had some amazing outfits for little girls Ethne's age. If they had had the one I was in love with in her particular size I would have bought it for her. There were some beautiful wool cloths wrapped up that would be beautiful table cloths but they weren't actually table cloths they were head shawls :)
We had lunch there and sampled a lot of the food that we had never tasted before. There were some popular ones there like Butter Chicken and Rogan Josh but there were things we had never seen before anywhere. We tried those. Instead of buying us each a meal we just bought lots of little things and all shared them. There were little rice flour balls in coconut milk which I didn't at all like. There was a chickpea mix full of slices of coconut and I don't know what else that was really good. Some of the things I can't even describe. I wish I knew what they were called. We bought a mango drink and Garrett and I each took a sip and then let the kids share it because a lot of the food was spicy. Then we had spiced lamb wrapped in roti chapati with different sauces. I had some of this because the kids wouldn't eat it and I didn't want to waste our lunch when I was hungry, but I try to avoid eating lamb whenever possible.
We had a great time there and when we were done we went to the zoo for a couple of hours and saw the kiwi's, watched them feed the tigers and talk about their male tiger. He has to eat mince (ground meat) because he had a hairball in his throat that grew attached and made it so he couldn't swallow. They surgically removed it and they feed him mince so that he can eat meat. If he were in the wild he would have died by now, but since he has zoo keepers to feed him mince and a female to dominate he is happily living a superficial existence in a cage like all male carnivores do. Sort of- :)
We came home and fed the kids some dinner and put the to bed. They were so tired after such a long day they could barely keep their eyes open. I just put them to bed partially dirty and gave them baths the next morning. It wouldn't at all do to torture them in the bath when they were so overly worn out poor things :) They slept well though which was great and Garrett and I stayed up late cleaning the house so it would be ready for Sunday.
Great day!
1 comment:
That sounds more than marvelous! I want to attend an Indian Bizzarre!
Post a Comment