Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"A Thing Called Love"

"Let me tell you bout the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees and the moon up above, and a thing called love....When I look into your BIG BROWN EYES, its so very plain to SEEEEEEE, that it's time you learned about the facts of life, starting from A to Z...."

Well at least A-B ;)
I don't want my blog coming up on searches so male and female parts will be abbreviated.

Tonight I had quite the conversation with Enoch.
E: "Mom I found these bullets in your bathroom" (little applicator free O.B. tampons that resemble little bullets)
Mom: oh really? Hmm, ok go put that back where you got it.
E: ok (goes to bathroom and a few minutes later yells) "Oh My GOSH!!!" (Ezra goes running into my bathroom)
Mom: calling from the kitchen-what's going on Enoch?
E: I was just reading the instructions for these bullets!
Mom: imagining the illustrations that accompany such instructions.**sigh-great

Enoch brings me the box and the instructions and says something to Ez about toilet cleaner. I saw his face and knew we needed to address this. I didn't have a clue what was going on in his head, but I didn't want him to wonder and have misconceptions. He put the instructions inside the tampon box and shut the lid and wouldn't let Ezra see it.
Enoch: I think you should tape this high on the wall so that people can't look at it.
Mom: So what do you think these are Enoch?
Enoch: picks up instructions "well it looks like a toilet cleaner. I didn't read it I just looked at these pictures and you put your finger here(points to diagrams) and pull this string down and then you either clean the toilet, or put it in your bottom."

Mom: (holding in laughter) Remember when we talked about how mom bleeds every month? Well this is what I use to stop the bleeding. (I explain where it goes and what it does.)
E: why do they call it a V? What does that word mean?
Mom: I don't know. That is a good question. I don't know why they call it a P either.
E: because it's a Pee Nest. The Pee sits in there in a little nest and then it comes out when you go pee.
Mom: (I finally laughed out loud here. I couldn't keep it in any longer.) But they don't call it a Pee Nest they call it a P.
E: *laughs** well it kinda Rhymes :)

Other veins of this conversation had to do with how babies come out of that "hole" as Enoch calls all girl bottom parts.
Enoch: "but wait....I thought babies get cut out."
Mom: Well for me they do. But for most moms they come out of the V.
E: oh
Luckily his questions were easily cleared up. There are no misconceptions and we still have managed to hold off a bit longer the later part of the biology lesson "A boy and a girl and the way they kiss, on a night like this."
It will be super easy to have that conversation with Enoch. He has a scientific mind. Sweet boy.

When I played the Jewel Akens song "The Birds and the Bees" to make sure I got my quotes right, Enoch said "I already know about the birds and the bees. I said oh really? who told you about them? He said "I told myself". I said What do you know about the birds and the bees? He said "I know that bees sting you!"

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

BAHAHAHAHAH! I'm not sure that my older boys know that much about some of that. Interesting though that he didn't think Ezra or other should see it. What's up with that?

Grandma Gwenn said...

Their curiosity and mental development always amaze me! I really laughed about the "Pee Nest" ... OMGoodness!

Grandma Gwenn said...

I never ceased to be amazed at their curiosity and mental development. I really laughed at the description of the "P"....hilarous!

Unknown said...

haha! Enoch is a smarty!
You did a great job addressing his questions - you are an awesome mom.

Sheryl said...

Hahahahah....we haven't had to go there yet. I am sure it will be here soon enough though. You did a great job explaining everything!! Your boys are so smart and so are their mom and dad.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I am so not ready to have that conversation with my girls! I think you handled it quite well... lol... bullets :) Hilarious!