Ezra just came in and asked me if it was time for him to put away his Legos and go to sleep now. This is very uncharacteristic of him since he never wants to lay down, and immediately my mom radar went off spotting a falsehood of some sort. Since this was clearly NOT the reason he came out, what was??
I talked to him a few minutes and asked if he would like to put on his shoes and go outside for a bit and he said yes. I directed him to a pair of clean socks and sent him for his shoes. After grabbing the freshly folded socks still warm out of the dryer, it all dripped out of his mouth like a leaky faucet. He was a little shy and a little embarrassed but slowly I got the whole picture.
He said "mom, sometimes when I go to sleep at night I have, not here but in CA, bad dreams after watching a scary movie."
I said oh, well then you shouldn't watch scary movies. I was like that as a kid too and I had to stop watching scary movies so I wouldn't have nightmares. (side note- I still have nightmares occasionally as an adult and I can relate with the poor kid although thankfully I don't have the reoccurring one I had after Return To Oz" about the room of heads severed from their bodies. Ick!)
Ezra got sad and said "well sometimes when I'm alone it happens durring the day too and it just happened."
I gave him a hug and he shed two little tears and told me that "in Charlie and Lola"(I know bless his little heart. C & L of all innocent shows) "the picture in the scary house would light up and it was scary". I told him that it wasn't real and he said "I know but it would have been a lot scarier if there was a Picture in there". Meaning if there was a picture in my room. Poor little guy he is so sensitive about anything visual. I can't blame him though he got it from me. I still to this day don't really like scary movies.
Davis rocks
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment