Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Baxter, The Pig Who Wanted To Be Kosher"

Lol, this is the title of a book we got from the library this week and it cracks me up. It seemed to really feed Enoch's mind. It was full of a whole new world he knew nothing about-Jews and their traditions. I am sure he has heard us talk a little about this but hasn't really grasped any of it until now. He learned the words Kosher, Shabbat, challah, kugel, mazel tov, mitzvah, rabbi, and shalom and what they mean. We talked about the difference in devout Jews and other Jews. We talked about the Jews crucifying Christ and the struggles of their race throughout history.

It was a fun book with lots to make him think and ask questions about. I explained why it was a funny idea to have a pig be kosher but I am not totally sure he got it. Made me laugh though :)

No comments: