Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Day At Swim Lessons

Well I am pleased to report that the first lesson went really really well. Their instructors name is Bob and he is an older gentleman and he appears thus far to have the patience of a saint. We got there early and observed part of one class. Then I watched him through the boys 1/2 hour and then part of the next class since, as it turns out, we have friends in that next class. Bob was so good with all of them.

He got both of my boys to do things they wouldn't do for me and I didn't know if they would even do them for him. But they did do them for him and they did a fantastic job. thanks Bob!
They can't wait until next week.

Enoch has a lot of power when he swims. He was strong and fast and because of his power he even got to try to swim with nothing holding him up and he panicked a little but when he kept his focus he could do it. I was proud of him. He is going to do well.

Ezra on the other hand has amazing form for a beginner. His legs were straight and his arms moved in form and with precision. I was shocked actually that he looked so good out there swimming. He is also going to do very well. They both splashed a lot at times and had a lot of fun. I was relieved and very pleased with them both.

Ethne wanted in so badly that she was in tears, but then I started unpacking all the things I brought to help her forget that she couldn't swim and she stopped and looked t them. I checked out a book from the library that teaches all the basic positions of ballet and when kids are ready for lessons and such. It has photos of beautiful little girls in tutus doing the positions and floor exercises etc... Ethne was in Heaven. She wanted me to help her do all the floor exercises and the positions and she forgot all about the swimming. We did that for a while and then we read Fancy Nancy and the delectable cupcakes. It was an easy reader book Enoch checked out so that he could read it to Ethne. He was disappointed to find out that his reading was too slow to keep Ethne's attention and she quickly wandered from the book. But actually even when I was reading it the only part she was interested in was the human interest/drama. She nearly shed tears when Nancy was sad about her dog Frenchy eating her delectable cupcakes. She would have if I hadn't moved forward quickly to the happy part. She cheered when Nancy was happy again. Other than that she was board with the book. She much preferred the non-fiction ballerina book that alowed her to practice her ballet. :)

No comments: