Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Tribute To My Youngest And in Some Ways Oldest Child :)

This is my Girl. She is my youngest and like I said in some ways she is also like the oldest. She organizes the whole family and gets us going out the door or back in depending on where we are. She is as fast, quiet and accurate as a viper when she strikes, so she is frequently in and out of trouble before I can catch up with her. She is also sweet and concerned when someone is hurt or needs help. She LOVES her family and is at her happiest when dad walks in the door and we are all together. If someone tries to leave she squeals and pulls them back so that we stay all together.
Ethne LOVES water. Sink water, bath water, pool water, or ocean water. Dirty water or clean water. She has had a blasts at the beach lately. She HATES the sand. She doesn't want to play in it or let it touch her although I am working to condition her for it. She isn't, however perturbed by the cold salty water in the sea. Last Friday we were playing at scorching bay and a little boy around 6 (from our ward) was holding both her hands and helping her walk around in the ocean. She was getting splashed by freezing cold waves and she was loving it so much she wouldn't let him bring her in even after 20 min. She was freezing. Her lips were quivering and she just couldn't make herself come in. I went to free him and bring her in to warm up in a towel and I said: Ethne do you want to wrap up in a towel? She said "nah-uh". She never says no! Just Nah-uh. I played with her some more in the waves and she giggled and gasped and played and she cried and cried when I forced her to come in and warm up. she was so so fun!
This is her mom, I am going to get you laugh.

This is her: I am getting you laugh while pounding on me.
This is her: I really want the camera and you will not give it to me so I am going to fake cry look.

This is her: I am already over it look.

This is her indignant look: Brothers touched my phone-the cardinal sin in her world.

This is her: I am happy to be with my big brothers look.

This is her: I dont' really know why everyone is running around like crazy-did I miss something? look


3 comments:

Sunshine said...

I pay tribute to your adorable daughter and her amazing attire.
The white shirt w/ black leggings is envied!!

Ashley said...

I knew you would like that outfit. The first time I put it on her I thought of you :)

Ashley said...

I also have to add to this that the very last picture is my favorite. Those curly pigtales are so cute.