Ezra comes in while I am changing Ethne's diaper and says:
Ezra: "yuck it stinks in here"
mom: what does it smell like?
Ezra:"like poo"
Mom: oh well she didn't poo
Ezra"oh well it smells like pee. Did she pee?"
Mom: Yes she did.
Ezra: "how do you go pee without a penis?"
(first just let me say I am tired of answering this question)
Mom: "She has a little hole where the pee comes out.
Ezra: "A HOLE? (yeah like he hasn't heard this before) I am glad I don't have a hole.
Mom: Why? What's wrong with a hole.
Ezra: "I just don't like holes. I don't want one."
Mom: Why don't you like holes. You have holes in your ears and holes where your eyes go and holes in your nose.
Ezra: "Well I just don't like girls and I don't want holes."
Mom: OK
Ezra: Mom how do those things, your eyes, see stuff?"
Mom: Well your eyes are kind of like a camera. They work a lot like a camera with a lense and things (needing to go wash up from changing the diaper and put pj's in the hamper I make my escape saying. Ask dad he knows all about camera's :)
Ezra follows me into the kitchen and says. Mom can I have cash instead of candy for my treat.
Mom: yes
(then the everyday conversation around money is started once again. He wants paper cash. I explain that the smallest bills they have are $5 and that is too much for him to get for waking up dry. Here the conversation takes a turn it doesn't normally take.)
Ezra: Can I just have your credit card?
Mom: what would you do with that?
Ezra: I would buy the toy that I want at the Willsons (Moore Willsons).
Mom: laughs Nah, I don't think that is going to happen.
Davis rocks
11 years ago
3 comments:
thanks for the idea of howto explain the peeing thing. I know Enoch will be asking me soon enough. It's really straight forward, I suppose, but I was just stumped. I love your kids and reading your blogs about them.
I've been stumped on how to explain to Enoch the whole peeing thing. Thanks for the good 'advice' I know he'll be asking soon enough. I love your blog and check it often for updates.
Love it. Ezra will have the world figured out by the time he is 6.
Post a Comment