Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grafiji

Last week sometime we were at the park with friends. When we left I was asking the kids what they liked best about the park and one of them said "the Grafiji" They were is a super silly mood and giggling about what sounded like very random things to me. I heard "naked" and "peeing" and I can't remember what else. I was concerned at this since I have almost never heard my kids using potty humor and they know that it isn't appropriate.

I said the what?

"the gra-fiji".

Hmmm, what is grafiji?

"You know the stuff you read"

Hmmm again. (Mom thinking) Oh Graffiti?

"Yeah-grafiji"

Why were you guys reading graffiti?

Enoch: "I just asked them what it said and they were just reading it to me".

mom: What did it say?

Ezra laughs and says: "naked bodies ha ha ha"


I will spare you the rest of the conversation but what it came down too was that the older kids were reading the graffiti to all the children as per Enoch's request and it was full of potty humor apparently. Great right?

So, we had a talk about how we shouldn't read those things because people who write them usually write bad things that are full of potty words and potty humor and it isn't uplifting and good. They said ok and we talked about what to do if someone is reading them in the future. AND that they shouldn't ask other kids to read them at all.

That was the end of that until yesterday when they were outside together having a snack. Enoch came running inside saying:
Mom, mom, Ethne is doing gra-fiji. Hurry hurry Ethne is doing gra-fiji.
Ethne had found a pen and was coloring all over the deck-crazy kids!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Um.... that wasn't my kids, was it? Cause if it was, I'm so sorry!

Ashley said...

lol, No worries Mandi I have no doubt the whole thing was quite innocent. None of them have any idea of what any of that means. Enoch was the one who asked them to read it anyway.

Sunshine said...

That's so funny!!!I'm still laughing.