Monday, February 21, 2011

Enoch's 6th Birthday Party

This is Enoch's 6th Birthday party. He has been telling me for 8months now that he really wanted a Plants vs. Zombies birthday party. Costumes and all. I thought for sure I could sway him and change his mind to something a little less "popular" or "media-like" but no dice. I finally asked myself: OK what will it hurt? And the answer was-nothing! I guess! So We went full force with the Plants vs. Zombies theme. We made letters from "The zombies" as our invitations. Here you can see the bags for pinata candy and desert cups.
Here are some close ups. We bought the bags and then printed the images off the Internet, cut them out and glued them on. I had the boys help me cut them out since there were so many of them and they did a pretty good job, but they tired of it quickly.
I told them it was good for them because they were building scissors skills. They both decided that they would like to go to "scissor school" instead to build their skills :)

Ethne was the youngest and therefor the first to do the pinata. You can't tell here but Garrett and the boys made the pinata and it was a green peashooter just like the one on the cup in the above picture.


Here is a better shot of the pea shooter and the tree that was hitting it. The kids all came dressed up as their favorite plant or zombie.


Down here they are all attacking the candy. Notice the cleverly dressed boy as the pole vaulting zombie. There were some great costumes. I can't find the picture but Enoch was a gravestone eater. Ezra was a blover but then ended up not wearing his costume and same for Ethne who was supposed to be a sunflower.

Inside the pinata along with the candy were paper coins for them to buy stickers from Crazy Dave's shop "Twiddy Dinkies". The kids liked this.


Instead of cake we had dirt cups. They each had a plant "growing out" of them. Here is the birthday boy surrounded by friends opening his presents. He started without me or the camera so I didn't see what he got or from whom. There went the thank you cards-

Some little cuties with their water. It was a nice hot day and everyone was really thirsty. We went through about 4 pitchers of water between about 15 kids and 10 adults.

Here is the birthday boy enjoying one of his gifts-The Silly Straw! The straw is clear so he is drinking milk so that we could see it in the picture.

We all found this very amusing! Great gift. He got great gifts that will be really fun for him. I had him bring them all to me when everyone was gone so that I could see what there was and if there was anything we needed to keep away from Ethne. The ones I actually saw were- the silly straw, A transformer, A Math Card Game, Several sets of Legos, a Crown, and I can't remember what else. From one Grandma's b-day money he bought an Indiana Jones Lego set and from CA Grandparents he got a playmobile Egyptian tomb full of conopic jars, jewels, serpents, deadly scorpions, and treasures untold. He said "mom, can you believe that Grandma and Grandpa got me just what I wanted?". I will post picts of him opening that for you CA grandparents.


More silly straw.


No comments: