Feb. 6
th is the anniversary of my sister April's tragic death. It is a hard time for all of us especially since Enoch's birthday is 3 days before and that was the last time we saw her that year (at his 3rd birthday party). So each year on this day we try to do something nice for someone else or do something to remember April in a happy way so that we can put more of a positive spin on things. This time I didn't know what to do. We had been listening to a signing time CD that day that always reminded me of her. It was the one she and I put on for the kids when she came over one day and I ended up video taping her trying to do the signing to "The Silly Pizza Song". It was also the CD I listened to in the car driving back and forth from her house to mine the week before she died and then out to the April run for Olivia and to visit the sight where her home had been. So listening to the silly pizza song gave me an idea and the kids and I went out to the store. We bought all the ingredients for a silly desert pizza and then Garrett picked up some other silly Pizza's from the only pizza place around. (that we know of)

Here we are eating silly pizza. One pizza has pickles on it and another is cream cheese and apricot something or other. They were very different pizza's from Hell-no really look below.

Hell's pizza. They have things like purgatory and greed, Lust and Envy, brimstone and gluttony, mayhem and trouble and many many more of the same. They are all very different kinds of pizza from the norm.

Since the silly pizza song has crazy things on it we decided to make a desert pizza to cover all of those. The silly pizza has bread, cookies, cereal, bananas, apples, ice cream, crackers, candy, and extra cheese. So the bread and extra cheese are on the cream cheese pizza. The rest are in our desert pizza. The crust was made of cookies, crackers and cereal. Then there was
nutella spread on that after I baked the crust which was our candy. After that we put on the bananas and apples and ice cream and we sung the silly pizza song.

I will try to post the video of us singing the silly pizza song tonight-hopefully it will work.

After that we all shared a memory of April. Ezra and
Ethne don't remember her at all of course since
Ethne wasn't born and Ezra was only 7 months old. Enoch was really close to April but he doesn't remember as much as he used to so I tried to tell him stories that involved him and April together so that he could remember.
Ethne LOVES the silly pizza song as much as the boys always have and she enjoyed singing and singing to the song.


Ezra said he wished he could have gone to the signing time concert that I took Enoch and Olivia to the year April passed away. Enoch said he wished he could go again and I promised that I would take them if it ever
happened close to where we are living again. That night was an emotional and yet very positive night for me. I met my mom and Dorothy up in Salt Lake for the concert and I had the two very little ones with me (Enoch and Olivia). They had some interesting conversations with each other in the back seat where Enoch was asking Olivia about her mommy. Then some really special things happened when we took her home that brought a lot of peace to all of us. I will always be grateful for taking the time to have a really close relationship with my sister and making the most of the time we had together. I don't have the misfortune of looking back with a lot of regrets. I was a great sister to her and she to me and so the memories are worth looking back on and the times were good! I love and miss you April-thinking of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment