Sunday, January 10, 2010

Knights, Dragons, and Princesses

Enoch and Ezra both spend a lot of their time playing knights and dragons and wishing they had someone to be the princess. Ezra often pretends that Ethne or I are the damsels in distress, but Enoch asks why Mary or Addie can't come over to be saved from the dragon. He complains that ever since Addie moved to UT "we never have anyone to be the princess". Notice in the picture below the crown on Enoch's and the armor and sword on Ezra's. My mom sewed those on with her embroidery machine for the boys. They got to pick out the thread and sit on her lap to sew them on. Great fun! This year they both asked for and got Knight costumes for Christmas. I had high hopes of making the costumes they wanted but got really busy really fast. I didn't get Ezra's made, Santa brought it. I did however make Enoch's (which Santa also brought since I wanted it to feel equal). I copied the one he wanted from a favorite magazine of ours and then purchased their chainmail (crocheted) hood to go with it.


They sure look good even from behind.
I think I did a great job. Thanks mom for all the help and instruction. She sewed in the piping on the neckline since I didn't have a clue how to make it look right. She did a great job as always. I needs some of these sewing skills--mine are SO limited. Oh and please don't tell Ezra that thing on is hood looks like a rooster. It is a PLUME!!! He isn't SENSITIVE he just wants people to get it RIGHT--ha ha


Fighting the big dragon Auntie Jenny gave them for Christmas. It has two heads and breathes fire-whew scary dragon-watch out Sir Ezra and Sir Enoch.


Enoch telling me to take a picture where the dragon "looks really really big". Sorry Enoch I tried and it didn't work out.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

cool costumes! didn't see any princesses though.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! The costumes look really fun.