Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"I don't have any words..."

So last night after family (mom and children) scripture study I asked Ethne to say our closing prayer. She sat in her cot in the dark and looked at me and said "I don't have any words for that". I cracked up inside but outwardly tried to remain straight faced. I said That's OK I will help you. I told her what to say and she said it beautifully. She was very serious for Ethne and I suspect it is being tired. Sweet girl!

a little background on my process-when G isn't working overtime he has a beautiful and well thought out scripture study with the boys every night but leaves Ethne and I out of it. I usually go put her to bed while he does it, but now she is a bit older and so since G has been working late every night I have included her in our study. I sit in the hallway in a chair between both bedrooms. Children lay in bed with lights off and I share with them the lesson I am preparing for the Sunbeams and CTR 4's each Sunday. (I am not the teacher for those classes but I am filling in until we get someone called. Names have been submitted but the process is very slow). We go over some of the scriptures and then we have discussions on them. Last night we talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and went over the story of the Israelites and the manna. How it was gathered 6 days of the week and the miracle that occurred only on the 6th day of the week where they could gather extra so that on the Sabbath they could rest from their labors.  I am always amazed at how much my children know about the scriptures and the meanings within the stories. Ezra talked a lot last night and we incorporated "Pinocchio" into the discussion, but I will save that for another post.

No comments: