Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Am in Love With You AND I Love YOU More!

Tonight I was listening to this song and feeling sentimental about my favorite man in all the world-my husband. I seem to always feel exceptionally sentimental when he is working lots of overtime and I miss him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsBwRrbS78&sns=fb

This year will be our tenth anniversary and to me that's a pretty big deal. It's not really that long all by itself but its a fifth of the way to us celebrating our 50th anniversary :)  That gives me butterflies to think about growing old with him and hitting that HUGE milestone! Both sets of my grandparents have hit that milestone and beyond. What an heritage that is for me. My parents will hit that as well one day and then my dear man and I will be the third generation of love who sees it through. I am proud of that. I know it wasn't always easy for my grandparents, or my parents, but the love that they had for each other extended far beyond the changes and challenges of life. And for their example and their hard work I am eternally grateful. My respect for them is huge. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa VanWart(now passed on), and Grandma and Papaw Anderson. You have no idea how much it means to me, and the strength it has given me to know that you all have not only found love, but managed to hold on to it for so long.

So this week I feel that all the time I have had to myself in the evenings has helped me to think and ponder the differences in the early stages of romance between Garrett and I and the love we have now. I have thought about the things we do well and the things I need to work on and I feel inspired.
I realized that one thing that I am lacking these days is the degree of Love behind the sacrifices I make for him each day. For example-every night I pack him a nice hot lunch because it is something that has always been important to him. I sometimes get annoyed that he can't just take a sandwich now and then or pack it himself. This week though I thought about how when we were dating I probably would have jumped up and volunteered to make him lunch :) So the other night I packed him a wonderful lunch of chicken tacos with pico and guac and lettuce on the side. I was careful to make sure all warm and cold ingredients were packaged separately so it would make a tasty meal instead of a reheated mess. (I always do but that night I had been tempted to just throw it all in). I then wrote him a long letter and wrapped it in plastic and put it in the top of his container to brighten his day at lunch time.

Starting then, my new goal has been to think about how much I adore him when I cook for him, clean for him and pick up those never ending dirty socks by the side of the bed. So far it makes me much happier to do these out of my overflowing devotion to the man I love than it did when it was just one more thing to do during my day.

I really do adore you husband! You are my ONE, my ONLY, and you are my SUPERMAN. xoxo Mawah!

4 comments:

The Josh Bird family said...

Thanks Ashley for sharing this, I really enjoyed reading it!!

Aimee

la said...

That is a beautiful post and a sentiment that flows for generations in your ancestors. I do not know of anyone on your dad's direct line who was divorced. Your papaw once said to your dad and me that he didn't understand all the divorce in society. Though by his own admissions they had had their hard times he stated, "I have never even thought about divorce." "Marriage is what holds people together while they fall in and out of love," Cindy T. I feel blessed that so far all my children have married well!

Aaron said...

Sorry Ashley I did not read your post but tell Garrett that is a wicked awesome beard. Much better than the one I grew last year.

Edwina Edwards said...

I too enjoyed your post and appreciate the love you have for my son. I think you just might miss those socks. Doing things out of love makes it possible to do things we do not love. .