Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Swim Lesson #4 Really??

So I thought at the end of our third swim lesson that the boys would be over their fear and the crying but I was wrong. Enoch cried and Ezra cried(a little) and they were both SUPER nervous. It was a little frustrating for me to watch them. I just wanted them to give it all they had and just be fearless but they were SO fearful. I wish I could help them practice more but when we go to the rock pool at the beach they won't usually swim with me. Plus with just me and the three of them to watch at the same time it is a bit tricky. By the end Enoch had warmed up again though and was doing better and Ezra was a little better but still very hesitant. So today at the beach I did get the boys into the rock pool one at a time and Enoch swam with me just holding his shorts but Ezra clung to me like I was trying to throw him off the edge of a building, crazy boy. He wouldn't trust me at all to hold him up and he almost ripped off my swimsuit a few times grabbing onto it. But hopefully the rain is over for a while and we can practice more and more and get them used to it. Right now the boys are going through such a hard time and struggling with so many things all at once that I am just drained. I have no energy left for myself. Funny we had a great day but I am still totally drained from them. At least no one can say I haven't given them everything I've got and them some, because boy do I.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Maybe some peer pressure. Tell them Sammy swims all over and even does flips into the pool (but don't tell them Alena won't even THINK about taking off her life jacket:))We're hoping to overcome that this summer and get Briggy swimming too.

Sheryl said...

Blake was a fish after about two lessons, but Elizabeth had a really hard time wanting to bob under, dive for things or do any push aways from the wall. I hope this year will be better.

You are an awesome mom and it is a difficult job. I feel too exhausted to get my kids down to bed. I don't have enough energy and Ian is at mutual. Ahhh...we'll survive.

Your kids will get over the tough stuff and you'll laugh that you even worried so much about it in later years. Hang in there!